New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

Okay.

I've now removed the following from the Clover EFI kexts directory:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

and replaced them with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the new ALPS touchpad driver.

I've also put the BTFirmwareUploader.kext for my Broadcom card into the Clover EFI directory (/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9).

I've then deleted and rebuilt the kext cache using kext wizard.

Upon reboot, the new driver now seems to be loading and working.

Multitouch now works, but it's not very good :-(

All I really wanted was two finger scrolling on the touchpad. This does work, but you have to keep your fingers about 2cm apart for the trackpad to detect it.

There is a finger width setting, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

In fact, none of the configuration options in the Synaptics trackpad pane appear to do much.

Is there a guide to these settings anywhere? How can I make it so I can have my two fingers next to each and get scrolling?

I don't know if anyone is still working on this, but I have a Precision M4800, which also has an ALPS setup with a track pad and a pointing stick.

One of yeahoon's debug builds (debug_2) works, and sontrg's latest build works, although waking from sleep works only with the debug build.

The biggest problem for me is one which seems to have been previously discussed.  I am a pointing stick user, so the trackpad means nothing to me.  Although, with sontrg's build it seems to work perfectly.

However, the upper left click button for the pointing stick sometimes acts as if it is being double clicked when being pressed normally.

If someone could fix only that, I would be tremendously happy, as everything else works great.

Thanks!

Good evening,

Is there anyone still developing/editing this driver?

I don't have a Dell, but an Asus G2S instead, this driver is the closest I could find for my touchpad which is an ALPS AUI1303.

According to debug logs I have, it has E7: 0x73, 0x02, 0x0A and E6: 0x00, 0x00, 0x64, but I couldn't find a driver that match these codes.

Tried kext in page 11 that was compiled for Mavericks but got a kernel panic.

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.3 with myHack 3.3.1

Any additional info needed, I will be happy to provide, just need some guidance on what to test/try

Thanks in advance!

Good evening,

Is there anyone still developing/editing this driver?

I don't have a Dell, but an Asus G2S instead, this driver is the closest I could find for my touchpad which is an ALPS AUI1303.

According to debug logs I have, it has E7: 0x73, 0x02, 0x0A and E6: 0x00, 0x00, 0x64, but I couldn't find a driver that match these codes.

Tried kext in page 11 that was compiled for Mavericks but got a kernel panic.

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.3 with myHack 3.3.1

Any additional info needed, I will be happy to provide, just need some guidance on what to test/try

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, it looks like no one is developing it right now.

Odd question, but if anyone knows it'd be helpful.

I have a Precision M4800, which suffers from the double click problem.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of maybe an older M series laptop which wouldn't suffer from this problem.  I'm thinking I could just order the part containing the touchpad and swap it out.

I generally wouldn't care except for the fact that I'm so close to having a 100% system.

@sontrg

I tried building your kext with the code from bitbucket, because I want to try to fix the double click issue somehow, and I wanted to fix the crash on resume from suspend with Release build.  Unfortunately, it did not build.  So, I changed it so it would build:

ORIGINAL ApplePS2Device.h:

public:
    UInt8               commandsCount;
    void *              completionTarget;
    PS2CompletionAction completionAction;
    void *              completionParam;
    queue_chain_t       chain;
    PS2Command          commands[];

CHANGED

public:
    UInt8               commandsCount;
    void *              completionTarget;
    PS2CompletionAction completionAction;
    void *              completionParam;
    queue_chain_t       chain;
    PS2Command          commands[0];

After this it built.  But, unfortunately, it did not recognize my trackpad (all the other builds supplied in this thread by you do.)  So I don't know what's different.

Any idea?  Or, any plan to revisit these issues in the future?  I know that the ALPS drivers for Linux have seen very big updates recently.

Best regards, and thanks for all your work so far.  If these two issues are fixed, it will be good enough for me to use permanently!