D630 10.6 vanilla install updates ?

joot

I was trying to find Thunderbolt's extra.zip file made for the Dell D630-GMA3100. I think I found the file but when trying to download the file, this error message came up. What's going on ?

* O S X L A T I T U D E

* View New Content

* RSS Feed

o OSXLATITUDE

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Useful Links

* Forgotten Password Recovery

* Register a new account

* Our help documentation

* Contact the forums administrator

Go Back

Here's what I did to upgrade sucessfully my vanilla 10.6 to 10.6.6 (assuming that you already have 10.6 up and running):

Download 10.6.6 Combo update from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349

Download Bootloader from here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/319f8/d4xOSX_package_10.html

Download EDP from here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/a92b0/EDP_History_and_Changelog.html

And here's how to do it:

1) Install 10.6.6 update. DO NOT REBOOT AT THE END.

2) Install Bootloader. DO NOT REBOOT YET.

3) Install the EDP package using these steps:

3.1) Copy the Extra.zip to the root of your system

3.2) Open Terminal and enter the following command lines:

3.2a) cd /

3.2b) sudo su (right after this it will ask for your password)

3.2c) unzip Extra.zip (will ask for what to do with all the conflicts, select "A" [without quotes] to overwrite all)

3.2d) cd /Extra

3.2e) ./edptool.command (this will open the program that will apply the EDP package)

3.3) Inside the edptool, maximize the terminal window to view all the options, then press 1 to rebuild kexts

3.4) In the next screen, choose your Latitude model and press the correspondent number

3.5) Chose the subsequential options (in case of doubt, use the options 2, n and n)

3.6) It's done, you may now reboot.

On my Dell Latitude D630 with nVIDIA, it works flawlessly. Hope it works for you.

Charles,

Thanks for the great tips...I will give your method a try. However, my video is Intel gmax3100 not Nvidia. I was going to try Thunderbolt's extra.zip made specifically for the D630 with Intel 3100 video, but I cannot download it at all. Getting the above mentioned error messages...

Thunderbolt,

If you are reading this, PLEASE I need two files from you for my D630-X3100. I need the following two files:

1) extra.zip (you made for the D630-X3100)

2) Pen Install for D630-X3100.zip

I found the two topics where you posted these two files but, I can't download the files because I am getting this error message when I tried downloading them (actually I found the two files in the archive section):

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

I did, still getting grey screen asking me to restart my computer. This was a USB pen installed...having bad luck with this bootloader or something not working right. Empire EFI still is the only one bootloader allowing to intall SL vanilla. But after updates, panic kernels all over again...