Someone please direct me to an appropriate guide...

lcsmdna

• Administrators

Mmm, Ok, I've reproduced your issue. I don't know if it's a problem of kext cache or file permissions, but I got audio after repairing permissions with Disk utility and rebuilding the cache (done through Terminal command: sudo touch /S/L/E) .

Try and boot with flag -f and report back; if you get audio, it's a kext cache issue (it takes a few minutes to regenerate).

I've also tried various audio packs of EDP (VoodooHDA #2 (v2.7.3), VoodooHDA #3 (v2.8.1) and AppleHDA) through several EDP System Builds and got audio after reboot with Voodoo #2 and AppleHDA. No audio at all with Voodoo #3 on a ModCD install, only on a myHack install (there are a lot more kexts in /S/L/E with ModCD than with myHack, so things do differ...)

To make sure your kext cache has been fully updated, note the time at which your EDP System Build completed, then open up a Terminal window and type ls -l /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup. The files timestamp should reflect the time at which you did your EDP System Build.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Hervé is indicating is what we advocate. Using the ModCD was a way to create a MyHack build, which will be more stable to use. Create the MyHack installer and re-install. The ModCD is placing kexts in S/L/E which make it less "Vanilla", and henceforth more prone to issues, whether it be right away or down the line. Doing this will ultimately save you time, rather than correcting problems that arise. Further, should you decide to hackintosh other machines, the MyHack installer will work with others by just changing the bootpack. Especially for someone with a more limited understanding of the relationship between the install and needed kexts to optimize the system, using the EDP (without the limitations and added kexts from your ModCD install), will serve you best.