Clone D430 disk with Snow Leopard and Lion to new HD and replace

moonman

Can you clone a current Snow Leopard / Windows 7 dual boot system on a D430 internal drive to an external drive, then replace the internal drive with the new one? 

If not the whole drive, can you clone at least the Snow Leopard install?

I've used Super Duper several times with Macs, but never cloned a hackintosh drive.

I have to replace the HD in my D430 (dual boot SL / Win7) and I'd love to just be able to clone it to the new disk, as it's probably the best complete install I've ever had on a D430. Everything works just perfect, including scrolling (which has often been a bit poor on other Dell hackintoshes for me), wifi, bluetooth, sleep, and dual booting works just great. D430 boots to window where I choose which system to boot, don't need to interrupt chameleon startup and then choose. 

• Administrators

Of course.

You can use ghosting tools (Norton, CloneZilla, etc.) that you run off a bootable CD/DVD to clone your entire HDD to an external media such as a USB key.

An alternative is to boot Mac OS X off a USB key/HDD (i.e. you use a different installation) and then do a disk image of your existing OS X partition via Disk Utility. You can then restore that image on another disk and you'll get exactly what you had before. You cannot do an image of the disk you currently run off.