Mac OS X on HP Mini

maclaud

Hello,,sorry for this topic, but i didn't found a place where to post my problem, if can called like that,,,

so, i've than my hack install on my USB Drive,,is done, i now that for my Hp Mini i got to make some  things over my files( on USB ) with the help of my keyboard, problem for me, (cause i'm a beginner) is to be absolutely sure that i'm doing the right thing,,someone had told me to:

-1 -  download the custom kernel

-2 -  copy it to the root( i'm not shore where is it, there's a lot of folder's and no "root",sorry for this ignorance) of your My hack UBS pen

-3  -  Chang the org.chameleon.boot.list.in/Extra on the usb pen

-4 -  Make sure you have the two lines below

key kernel /strings

strings custom_kernel /strings

if not,,, add this lines, safe the file and try to booting of the pen

well, i got two problems, first, i can't found certain "folders", like "root"

second cause a get my Mackintosh machine three days ago, and on the keyboard, i can't found some characters that should be on those lines ( windows keyboard ) and i can't do it,,,

help will be welcome

• Administrators

Root = 1st level of your media (HDD, CD/DVD or USB pen). In Unix/Linux/Mac OS/etc. world, it is also referred by '/'.

folders = branches

files = leaves

So you basically need to copy your custom/Atom kernel to the very 1st level of your USB pen.

There are 2 things you can do:

1) rename your existing mach_kernel (i.e. the Mac OS original kernel) to something like old_mach_kernel (or whatever you like) and copy your Atom kernel as mach_kernel. By default Mac OS boots the Mach kernel...

2) leave your Mach kernel as is and copy your Atom kernel as atom_kernel (or whatever you like) at the root. Then open up Chameleon Wizard and update the boot plist tab to specify your newly copied atom_kernel (or whatever you named it) as bootable kernel. See example below.

Chameleon_boot_plist.png

If you don't change your Chameleon boot plist, you will have to invoke the Atom kernel as boot option (enter the Atom kernel file name after the Chameleon ? prompt).

That's it.

hy, everyone,, after searching for it on google, insanlymac and others with no success,,i've tried install it with my hack, i've download everything for my Hp,,,once finnish i boot my hp from USB,,in fact he boot chameleon, and after chose Mac Os X install disk ( USB ) about 2 or 3 seconds he reboot's,,maybe is something i'm doing wrong, or maybe i should use some other method,,,

if somebody can send me a link with guide will be very helpful,, thanks in advance,, peace,

hello,,people,

i've done install of Mac SL DVD Retail 10.6.3 on my Hp Mini N455@1,66GHz,,got sound,,aparently got no graphics card install,he says " no kernel loaded ",,

can i use My hack USB Install to get those issues solved, or can i use EDP?

• Administrators

You can't use EDP if the system is not in the list of systems covered by EDP. These are listed in the compatibility chart of the EDP section of the web site. myHack is just an installer and will not resolve these issues.

What are the specs of that HP mini? Until you list the hardware used on that system, we can't really help you.

i got Hp Mini QC10-800 [email protected],,

GPU Intel Graphics Media Acelerator 3150/ memory 256MB

motherboard HP 1584

Chipset Intel Atom Host Bridge (rev.00)

South Bridge Intel NM10(rev.02)

This are all specifications i have on my BIOS,, got nothing else,,seem's to be different from other's,, but that's what i got.

I've successfully install Mac Using NawcomModCD,,is running fine,,he reboot extremely quick ( no problems at all, bootloader chameleon ) - issues:

- got no wifi/ethernet

- got issue with Usb connections ( i "solved ", booting with " USBBusFix=Yes " and for the moment i can connect my USB Drives and use them)

- i know that i can't never get maximum graphics aceleration,( issue on this kind of machines) but he identify well my GMA3150, however he says ( kexts not loaded)

Help will be very welcome,, peace,, and thanks in advance,,

but, i got it running,,and even not completely instal he reboot's faster then ever,,about 20 seconds,,only wifi doesn't work and my USB got a bug, solved by typing at boot " UBSBusFix=Yes " and is running fine, no crashes, nothing,,i now that i can't never get maximum resolution with GMA3150,,,it's fine,,i can live with that, problem is my wifi/ethernet,,i've install bcm43xx_enabler.sh, then i run kexts utility,,,but didn't work,,someone told me to buy, wifiUSB Stick,,but,,i was hoping find a solution for that ,

it's really ;( that i can't get clean install of Mac Os X on Hp,,

• Administrators

It'll never work properly. We can all get ML or Mavericks installed on unsupported systems like D430 or D620. Without full graphics support, there is no point, you need to accept that fact. You're just wasting your time in my opinion.