EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

I have a similar problem on Asus G73S, when the laptop wakes it plays the volume notification sound, but after a few seconds, audio stops working. If I unload and load EAPDFix, audio starts working again.

Edit: sorry, my fault, audio sense was set to true, set it to false and now it works.

Edit 2: actually it only works if I put the laptop to sleep manually. If it sleeps automatically, it wakes without audio.

Edit 3: with version 1.5 audio stops working after 30 seconds, so I enabled JackSenseFix and it works fine, both after manual and auto sleep.

The difference is that after manual sleep it shows the volume notification icon but doesn't play the "pop" sound, and after auto sleep it shows the icon and plays the "pop".

Not a big issue, after some idle time, audio is mute, but it starts working again in the next sound played.

Since I'm using AppleHDA 2.6 I set BackgroundCheck=true and SkipBootBgCheck=false.

Thanks for this kext.

I have issue with no sound from internal speakers after sleep (headphones works fine), but can't beat it. I've tried Codec-Commander, patched IOAudioFamily, and even this kext but no luck. System is Maverick 10.9.2, sound chip ALC663, laptop Asus N56V. AppleHDA was binary patched, CodecConfig (verbs) was generated from codec_dump, includes EAPD verb (on node 0x14) and injected in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver, and of course written layout and platform xmls. Interesting that in logs EAPDFix works fine, here are messages after waking up:

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: EAPD is dislabled, Enabling EAPD...

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Codec verb sent successfully to enable EAPD.

...and after some time:

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Checking Speakers EAPD status...

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: EAPD is enabled.

Also tried unloading/loading AppleHDA.kext and EAPDFix, but it doesn't help

Need some help, i've tried anything I could... Attaching dumps, ioreg (after sleep) and my patched AppleHDA

ioreg.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

verbs.txt

codec_dump.txt

I have issue with no sound from internal speakers after sleep (headphones works fine), but can't beat it. I've tried Codec-Commander, patched IOAudioFamily, and even this kext but no luck. System is Maverick 10.9.2, sound chip ALC663, laptop Asus N56V. AppleHDA was binary patched, CodecConfig (verbs) was generated from codec_dump, includes EAPD verb (on node 0x14) and injected in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver, and of course written layout and platform xmls. Interesting that in logs EAPDFix works fine, here are messages after waking up:

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: EAPD is dislabled, Enabling EAPD...
kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Codec verb sent successfully to enable EAPD.
...and after some time:

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Checking Speakers EAPD status...

kernel[0]: EAPDFix: EAPD is enabled.

Also tried unloading/loading AppleHDA.kext and EAPDFix, but it doesn't help

Need some help, i've tried anything I could... Attaching dumps, ioreg (after sleep) and my patched AppleHDA

Well, i have seen this kind of problem from other users too. Its related to your system config which could be boot loader, its flags, installed kexts, DSDT etc., I don't know what exactly the cause for this problem but i will try to contact them and let you know if i get reply. Meanwhile, try to check everything which i've explained above in new OSX installation. 

i have a problem when when i boot os x with headphones connected then no audio device is detected.

Previouly there were some problems which i fixed using eapd... but i have no clue about this one...

My device is ALC233

I am using patched applehda

EMlyDinEsH, ok, I solved this problem, there was interesting bug in ASUS N56VB original DSDT, I've found it when compared it with DSDT from relative K56CB, which doesn't have this problem. There was unnecessary if-statement in PRJW method, you must just remove condition and left everything in it. Here is a patch (sorry, i don't know MaciASL patch language, so you can do it only with your hands) 

Method (PRJW, 1, Serialized)
         {
-            If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), \_SB.DP3S))
-            {
                 \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x35, One)
                 Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RRAM (0x0449), Local0)
                 Or (Local0, \_SB.LKBF, Local1)
                 \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0449, Local1)
-            }

KINI ()
             \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.STBR ()
             Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, 0xD1)
I really don't know, why it helps, this method is called on _WAK and I think that it should power DSP on LPC bus (based on method ODSP which stores something in \_SB.DP3S).

EMlyDinEsH, ok, I solved this problem, there was interesting bug in ASUS N56VB original DSDT, I've found it when compared it with DSDT from relative K56CB, which doesn't have this problem. There was unnecessary if-statement in PRJW method, you must just remove condition and left everything in it. Here is a patch (sorry, i don't know MaciASL patch language, so you can do it only with your hands) 

Method (PRJW, 1, Serialized)
         {
-            If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), \_SB.DP3S))
-            {
                 \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x35, One)
                 Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RRAM (0x0449), Local0)
                 Or (Local0, \_SB.LKBF, Local1)
                 \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0449, Local1)
-            }

KINI ()
             \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.STBR ()
             Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, 0xD1)
I really don't know, why it helps, this method is called on _WAK and I think that it should power DSP on LPC bus (based on method ODSP which stores something in \_SB.DP3S).

Thanks for sharing your patch details. I will add this patch to my Asus patches and setup a git so others with this problem can use this. For this, i need your patched DSDT with and without this patch so i can analyze and make a better patch.