M4400 - booting the myHack USB installer

supasike

Now here is the weird part got osx mavericks downloaded boot pack and did a myhack install it got me right in to install mavericks. Now keyboard & mouse do not function upon installing it so i gotta use a usb mouse, okay fine. I am thinking here when I did the myhack installer for osx 10.8.5 it ask for a mbr and I said yes, as for mavericks that is not supported so i had to say no after making a my hack maverick i also installed the chameleon Now i am thinking if I make the osx 10.8.5 my hack installer and it asks again for the mbr I should say no then install chameleon afterwoods. Crazy that I get into osx mavericks but not osx ML interesting to say I gotta admit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't believe the MBR patch actually works in recent myHack versions. You wouldn't need MBR support on a target partition that will/would be GUID/GPT only. And it does not sound like you were intending to install OS X on a HDD with an existing Windows partition, were you?

Anyway, if you now have Mavericks, keep it!

no luck it installed perfect mavericks but upon powering up m4400 seems like same thing loads like verbose and stops ay system uptime in nano seconds 90406547633 also says missing bluetooth controller transport but this model did not have bluetooth the one i got anyway lso a few more things it tells meno hpets available cpus configured incorrectly hmmm? applesmbuspci start failed to get acpi path for provider...debugger called <panic> backtraces cpu 3 frame kernel extensions in backtrace com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement really trying here and will post what u requested soon

I believed I had tried these kexts before and it gives me nvidia160 and I did have sucess using the e6400 bootpack but my 4400 was very sluggish I also had a max rez of 1280x800 when i did that type of install i went further by changing the text files inside of the extra folder because they had the right scripts of my system being a qx9300 because the e6400 gave me a 2.17 ghz cpu speed even though i replaced the text files smbios boot and such I believe it still performs like a 2.17ghz cpu But the rez does go to full at 1080p with smbios boot I think maybe it is a bios setting. I also installed mavericks perfect but it dont load when finished stopping at verbose and saying cpu configured incorrectly. disabled speedstep no luck also checked on virtulazation again no luck just weird, who really has done this m4400 with success? 

• Administrators

You have an issue with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext and that should remediable. There were recent posts about it in the E6xxx section. I think I might have even posted a patched version somewhere these last few days. Do a search on the kext name.

ok been looking for this patched kext and its not coming up i search for it and its just giving me posts please attach it here, from what your saying now is when i get this patched kext put it in the extra folder of the myhack maverick installer i just made and run a full my fix on it? Then I should be good to rock?

I believed I had tried these kexts before and it gives me nvidia160 and I did have sucess using the e6400 bootpack but my 4400 was very sluggish I also had a max rez of 1280x800 when i did that type of install i went further by changing the text files inside of the extra folder because they had the right scripts of my system being a qx9300 because the e6400 gave me a 2.17 ghz cpu speed even though i replaced the text files smbios boot and such I believe it still performs like a 2.17ghz cpu But the rez does go to full at 1080p with smbios boot I think maybe it is a bios setting. I also installed mavericks perfect but it dont load when finished stopping at verbose and saying cpu configured incorrectly. disabled speedstep no luck also checked on virtulazation again no luck just weird, who really has done this m4400 with success? 

The kexts you tried before are for the card that showed in your system - the NVS 160M, which is what is in the E6400/E6500's. The kexts I posted today are for your specific video card, that is why I asked which of the two that come in that model you had.