D620 Version mismatch Kernel CPU

wamblej

• Administrators

not necessarily edp should take care of the extra folder... but where things get funky is with sleepenabler and upgrading osx or choosing not to upgrade... to be safe the latest edp should be used with the latest updates.. oh if you have leppy's disc then boot from the cd then choose your snow leopard partition then once booted run edp without sleepenabler you do not have to install leppys disc again, your just using it as a bootloader and make sure all os updates are done, itunes and safari can be done at any time so leave em for last or try this simple bootcd see if it works

BootCDd620intel.iso.zip

not necessarily edp should take care of the extra folder... but where things get funky is with sleepenabler and upgrading osx or choosing not to upgrade... to be safe the latest edp should be used with the latest updates.. oh if you have leppy's disc then boot from the cd then choose your snow leopard partition then once booted run edp without sleepenabler you do not have to install leppys disc again, your just using it as a bootloader and make sure all os updates are done, itunes and safari can be done at any time so leave em for last or try this simple bootcd see if it works

apparently it isn't my bootloader. the boot disk did the exact same thing as without the boot disk. I can access my mac partition, it just won't load into mac os. I read somewhere that I need to use macdrive and delete the sleepenabler kext from my extras folder. Do you think that would allow me to boot?

• Administrators

Do this..

1 . Boot in to single mode and safe mode (so you get a console)

(boot with -x -f -v -s pmVersion=0)

2. When in console, mount your HD

3. type:

cd /Extra

./edptool.command

4. Choose to do a new build, but dont choose powerpack this time...

you guys are all friggin amazing. Leon I followed your directions and I am back in business. Thanks for the help. I am writing this from my Osx as we speak. I am ok to do the OSX updates correct? If I do update to 10.6.7 do I need to re-run EDP before reboot or anything to prevent issues?