D520 LAN/Ethernet not connecting

laserboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link.

This is not for the Broadcom BCM440x LAN card in my D520, i have only option for 10 or 100, not for 1000 mbit.

I can confirm that this does not apply to the BCM440x LAN card in the D520. No 1000BaseT setting at all.

Also, my LAN still works.

Hi,

Sorry to tell you, but lan will never work correctly on D520.. the kext is flawed and no better version exists.

Sorry.. for some reason the D520 dont use the same lan chip as the other models.

Hi, jsust discovered that the problem with broadcom 440x LAN has something to do with the dsdt.aml. If I remove it, then the adapter works from 1.6.0 to 1.6.7. But that's not a solution, because everything else stops working. :/

it could be that when they extracted the dsdt that lan was off in bios so no irq was set in dsdt. maybe you can compare your own dsdt to the one that's not working properly using a dsdt editor

Ok, so I downloaded the DSDT from my D520 with everything enabled in BIOS and made a diff and it's bit to bit equal to DSDT already posted in the collection. I can post it here if needed.

http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/e36a2/DSDT_Collection.html

My BIOS is A08, so it looks like the DSDTs from BIOS rev. A05 to A08 are equal.

How can I combine extracted DSDT with the one that is shipped with EDP 1.8 ?

• Administrators

you would have to go line by line and check for diffs between them then transfer the changes to yours then hopefully not transfer the problem too... but don't feel bad i've tried and still did not get it as close as whats in edp lol.... somethings your good at somethings your not at least for me :)

Well, I've been working on getting Lion going on the D520. So far, its been a fiasco. In the process, I backed up all my important stuffs and started over. LAN no longer works at all, on 10.6.7. Couldn't tell you why.

If someone could point me in the direction of a DSDT editor, I would certainly go line by line to figure out the problem. Perhaps learn a thing or two about DSDT editing also.

Hi there,

for my first post on this forum, i might come with a glimps of a solution for the D520.

First i've got a hand on a D520 a few month ago and tried with the tools you provide on osx Latitude but i never got the ethernet working.

The only thing i had was the APIPA address meaning the ethernet didn't get any address from the dhcp server.

Typing it in manual didn't work either.

Today after trying to install lion, i went back to SL cause i wasn't able to make it work.

I booted and installed SL from a usb key made with MODUSB(from : http://blog.nawcom.com/) that helped me install SL on a EEEPC.

i installed 10.6.7 update and the "legacy_kernel-Mac_OS_X_10.6.6.tgz" provided by MarcoMC for the installation for the EEEPC(http://www.marcomc.com/index.php/2011/03/how-to-install-or-update-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6-7-on-the-asus-1005ha-netbook/)

and above this i installed edp 1.9.

The trick is that when i boot from the usb key with modusb on it the ethernet card gets the dhcp address quit fine.

BUT if i boot from the HDD with SL alone it still gives me the APIPA address.

So there's something it dont understand. Maybe is there some driver loading with the modusb that doesn't with cameleon (V2.0-rc5 r726).

It is the first time i get the network ok and as it was luck and i'm not an expert with (for now :P) i share this with you hoping you'll be able to find some kind of solution maybe.

For info, i changed the cpu for a T7200 and run with 2go of RAM (and i didn't used the limitation of DMA memory to get it working)

Hope this will help some of you that still own this notebook !

If anyone need more infos i didn't think about, again i'm kinda new to Mac, go ahead, i'll try to provide it.

Bye all.