OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

no you don't need a mac to transfer the files. Unless 10.7.x is different than 10.6.x

@IMC042 you need to copy it bit-by-bit (literally). From the old guide:

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you suggested and it copied the data fine but again "No boot sector on USB device".

I also tried it to copy Kalyway 10.5.2 and boot with that and I got the same error. But when I burned Kalyway 10.5.2 to DVD with PowerISO it worked.

So it's not a problem with the file. Can't figure it out...

Try this:

Go to google and find yourself an OS X Lion VMware Image and a copy of VMware Player. VMware player is free.

In the OS X Lion VMware Image, download OS X Lion, how you download it I don't care. Now make your USB stick with myHack using the bootpack for your model. Install Chameleon and boot to the USB stick and let us know what happens

Try this:

Go to google and find yourself an OS X Lion VMware Image and a copy of VMware Player. VMware player is free.

In the OS X Lion VMware Image, download OS X Lion, how you download it I don't care. Now make your USB stick with myHack using the bootpack for your model. Install Chameleon and boot to the USB stick and let us know what happens

Thanks JawhnL5 for this idea. I hadn't even thought of this. So after spending the whole day trying to get VMware working I finally managed to get it up and running and build the USB using myHack. I followed the instructions from the thread that's pinned above this one.

Now I have run into more trouble. The USB stick is now booting on the D630. The read light on the stick then shuts off and it hangs for ages before changing to the apple logo with the loading circle under it. It then hangs at this screen forever. No error messages show up.

I tried booting it from my other laptop (Aspire 5930G) and I get the same thing but it shows "EBIOS read error: Device timeout" as you can see in the picture. Please tell me this is something that's easy to fix? I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth all this trouble...

post-5491-074719200 1341271584_thumb.jpg

post-5491-047906900 1341271613_thumb.jpg

In VMware on myHack, did you run a myFix full mode on the USB stick?

Also, did you boot using these boot flags: -v -f -x arch=i386 UseKernelCache=no ?

If that doesnt work I have one more thing you can try

In VMware on myHack, did you run a myFix full mode on the USB stick?

Also, did you boot using these boot flags: -v -f -x arch=i386 UseKernelCache=no ?

If that doesnt work I have one more thing you can try

Tried the boot flags and it's hanging at:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Current tsc from rdtsc64() is 1426251220185. Rendezvouing..

VoodooTSCSyn::doTsc(): stamp_tsc was called 2 times

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

I'm running full myFix now... But won't that reset the Extra folder containing the kexts that I need for the D630?

And after that, boot using -v -f -x arch=i386, do not use UseKernelCache=no as that will break the installer

Thank you... There was no AppleACPIPlatform.kext in there to replace so I just added in the one you gave me and was able to boot the USB in safe mode. I formatted a partition to HFS+ and installed OS X.

I got it to boot and did the initial setup. I then left for a while and when I came back the screen was switched off and wouldn't come back on so I had to shut down holding the power button. Now when I try to boot I'm presented with this screen (kernel panic).

post-5491-038310700 1341359818_thumb.jpg