OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

• Administrators

There were some work on EDP yesterday. Which revision are you on?

Since updating from rev410 to 415 last night, I see some minor differences, but nothing like what you experience.

Did you use EDP3 from the very beginning or did you initially setup your laptop with an earlier release like 2.1/2.2? I was told moving from one to the other could create issues.

I used the bootpack plus a kext for wifi, and then installed EDP 3.1

Guess its off to a reinstall :/

• Administrators

Dear evilmrt,

You do not need to reinstall the os x if it was installed properly the first time. The only difference between a vanilla install and hack install is the /Extra folder. Just delete the /Extra folder and revert to your backup if you have one. Otherwise, just download a bootpack closes to your machine and install using myhack in the usb installer.

Cheers!

Dear evilmrt,

You do not need to reinstall the os x if it was installed properly the first time. The only difference between a vanilla install and hack install is the /Extra folder. Just delete the /Extra folder and revert to your backup if you have one. Otherwise, just download a bootpack closes to your machine and install using myhack in the usb installer.

Cheers!

Thanks Syonagar, I deleted my Extra folder, reinstalled and reconfigured EDP, and used a different trackpad driver. The driver that is preconfigured #4 was the problem. #3 driver works great. Shall I report a bug?

There is a link to the appleacpiplatform.kext that you are looking for on the previous page of this thread about half way down (page 15). As for running myfix, just double click on myhack in Applications folder, choose "myFix" from the dropdown menu, choose the root drive which will be "/", and then choose "Full".

Thanks! Working on it now.

Anybody able to figure out how to make the graphics as good as in Windows? (HW acceleration)

• Administrators

Dear Savage,

What graphics card do you have? Intel or nvidia?

If you can play chess without any artifacts that means you os x already has full hardware supported graphics acceleration.

Cheers!