• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Hi,

I tested that version of FakeSMC once, can't remember why we did use it, but i seem to recall alot of problems, i guess when you get the D420 you can do some experiments with it.

The choice of MBA1,1 was because of several things, first of all to get support for "Remote disc" (since the D4x0 dosent have a build-in drive), second of all because of the "neat'ness" in having it identified as a MBA and latestly because performance for some reason seemed best best - offcourse - i could be mistaken.

Each Latitude "more or less" have their own dsdt.aml in the EDP, you can find them in the dropbox dir as said before.

Have a look at the D4x0 one, and let me know if you think something is missing....

I edited my previous post before I saw the answer. :)

I tested that version of FakeSMC once, can't remember why we did use it, but i seem to recall alot of problems, i guess when you get the D420 you can do some experiments with it.

New FakeSMC can't give you any problem. Dunno what you mean. I saw thousand tests.

The choice of MBA1,1 was because of several things, first of all to get support for "Remote disc" (since the D4x0 dosent have a build-in drive), second of all because of the "neat'ness" in having it identified as a MBA and latestly because performance for some reason seemed best best - offcourse - i could be mistaken.

Performance issue may relate to the plist I uploaded above. But 430 has a Merom while 420 has a Yonah. It's a difference.

Each Latitude "more or less" have their own dsdt.aml in the EDP, you can find them in the dropbox dir as said before.

Have a look at the D4x0 one, and let me know if you think something is missing....

My previous post.

• Administrators

Tested, and seemed to boot fine, allthough that i got a KP (voodoohda) when booting in verbose .. but not normal.. strange... sound works fine tho..

Lets continue with this when you get your D420, then you have a fair chance to test localy :)

• Administrators

I can propose my correction. I didn't make correction for USB and Sound b/c I don't know dependencies: your bootloader and drivers.

Check HPET and speedstep if any.

I also made a device for ACPImonitor used with FakeSMC 3.1.

dsdt_from_Slice.zip

tried it now i do not have video black screen on boot. i tried injection,Graphics enabler, diffrent bootloaders and modules, only thing that worked was adding video kexts to extra which defeats the need for dsdt. but thanks for at least trying to help me much appreciated.

tried it now i do not have video black screen on boot. i tried injection,Graphics enabler, diffrent bootloaders and modules, only thing that worked was adding video kexts to extra which defeats the need for dsdt. but thanks for at least trying to help me much appreciated.

My DSDT has no Video injection. It is for all other purpose. HPET, brightness, correct interrupts...