Mavericks on Optiplex 745

sulemanzp

hi need help please with dell 745... I just installed mavericks on my system.. it is working in safe mode only.. when i boot it normally it stuck on fakesmc.. somewhere. .. i think i have post install issue.. could you suggest me any kext or files like fakesmc, nullcpupowermanagement, evoreboot, bla, boa, bla....  also no other drives are seen in computer. please help

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding - I have attached my Extra folder used on my machine perfectly (including power management)

I will write up a detailed install procedure but for now my specs are:

Dell Optiplex 745 (desktop)

Q6600 Core 2 Quad Core Processor

Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 256mb

8GB (4 x 2GB) 667mhz RAM

Main points BIOS:

System BIOS is 2.6.4

SMART Reporting is 'off'

Hard Drive in 'Legacy'

In my Extra folder is the IOATAFamily.Kext. This allows the installer to see the internal hard drive and install the OS to it.

In my Extra folder is the BCM5722D.Kext. This is for Internet Access using the onboard NIC.

The Extra Folder also contains a DSDT file that was edited by a friend in the community specific to my machine so not too sure if / how it will help others on their system (still learning about DSDT and wish I could spend more time on it :)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains the bootflags I use to help the machine purr nicely. All of these where through trial and error (some may not be needed but the system is running so well I have left them in).

Using myHack to create the installer with the Extra Folder attached I have no issues for my machine on 10.8.5 (manual update).

Hope this helps and more than happy to help out any more if I can :)

Dan

Extra Dell Optiplex 745.zip

• Like 2

• Administrators

You should avoid installing kexts in /S/L/E as much as possible.

In the case of Voodoo audio, install the VoodooHDA kext in /E/E and do not forget to add the AppleHDADisabler or audio won't work. The kexts go together. Run myFix (quick) afterwards.

Remember that your model is integrated in EDP and EDP system build provides more recent VoodooHDA kexts up to v2.8.4.

• Like 1

You should avoid installing kexts in /S/L/E as much as possible.

In the case of Voodoo audio, install the VoodooHDA kext in /E/E and do not forget to add the AppleHDADisabler or audio won't work. The kexts go together. Run myFix (quick) afterwards.

Remember that your model is integrated in EDP and EDP system build provides more recent VoodooHDA kexts up to v2.8.4.

Hi Hervé,

Thanks for the help mate - will change this around this evening.

Still lots of learning to do and really appreciate the advice!

Dan

Hi Dan,

I seem to have the similar same setup as you, except I'm running a Q6700 and my 8400GS is a 512M version. I'm looking to install Mavericks since I'm currently running Lion. (I'll skip 10.8 if I can!)

Anyway, looking at your Extra folder, how did you get your 8400GS to work? Did you modify the NVDANV50Hal.kext? Do you use NVDAResman? NVEnabler64?

Since those aren't stored in your Extra folder, there may be a few pieces of this puzzle that I'm missing, and I'd be incredibly grateful if you could clue me in.

Thanks in advance!

--Justin

• Like 1