D630 NVidia freezes after pre-configured EDP 5

mandy32

@ Bronxteck

Many thanks for all your help you have always been wonderful and extremely helpful on this forum and we appreciate your tireless effort.

After the Extra injection the problem still persist but on a rather happy note  now I'll enjoy my Maverick hard drive on the system . kindly try the bootpack and the current EDP in your spare time.

Many thanks

@Bronxteck

Thanks I over right the injected Extra with the one from the D630 bootpack I use for my installation and I have been able to boot the machine but not using the EDP for now.

The two extras on the root of the booted machine without  EDP run yet are  (1) Extra size 7.5 MB and (2) ExtraBackups size 156.7MB

Great thanks

• Administrators

I've just made a brand new ML build on my D630n and the system would not boot after EDP. EDP is no longer applying the AppleACPIPlatform kext at System Build with default options and that causes it to hang at reboot...

To recover, boot with USB installer, then use Terminal to copy the above kext from USB key to /Extra/Extensions on HDD. Then run myFix (quick). D630n will then boot ML properly.

• Administrators

It's because the "ACPI fix" is now OFF in D630 System Build Fixes tab, when it used to be ON by default. So guys, make sure you turn it to ON when you do your EDP system builds.

Folks, please note that we're working on a set of revised boot packs and revised EDP System Builds kexts and default settings. This will be gradually deployed over the next weeks.

• Administrators

yeah i just went through all of it herve it is as simple as during model build, select Fixes then turning on AppleACPIPlatformxxx Fix (Fix for Battery from 10.7 or greater and coolbook) hmm i wonder if it got linked to IOATA instead. i don't think that was standard