OSX 10.6.6

Leon

Guest macaroni

Ur most welcome :)

A little advice.. use Xslimmer, CleanMyMac and Monolingual to slim it further, if i'm not mistaken you can cut down another 1gb there...

Btw.. can you run Xbench and post your results here.. i'm curios to see how your SSD performs.. i have a 128gb Runcore and a 64gb PhotoFast myself...

Haven't slimmed it yet, but thanks for the tips....attached the xbench results for the Super Talent....nothing special, mainly bought it because it was cheap. I did write them to ask what controller they use, but they wouldn't even tell me, which I thought was stupid, but that's another story. Anyway here's the results...

post-241-014666700 1295927277.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest macaroni

wow.. not to be a jackass, but thats extremely slow for a SSD...

post-2-035786400 1295943382.jpg

.. you might wanna wish for a upgrade ;)

wow :blink: ......now that's an ssd.........yeah, I kind of figured when I wrote them and they wouldn't even release the controller info. that I was in for a disappointment......was thinking about this company - MX Technology (Mach Xtreme Technology 30GB 1.8" PATA MX-NANO Series ZIF SSD - MXSSD1MNANOZ-30G) Supposedly, they are using sand force. Heard anything good about them? (They are available at MDD)

Guest macaroni

First thing you need to know, is that the controller needs to be a PATA controller, and not a emulated sata controller.

My advice, go with Runcore or Photofast...

Hadn't really thought about that, but I was actually interested in the manufacturer info, like whether it was jmicron or somebody else...I heard jmicron is what the really cheap one's like kingspec use, now I'm guessing it's what's in this sad Super Talent. I just know it'd be nice to have something w/ the Sand Force controller, but I'll take a look at RunCore and PhotoFast for sure.

Thanks again.

Here are most of the zif drives. Give reviews and benchmarks.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/531052-1-8-zif-pata-ssds-available.html

I have this one.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000E07-1278969740 (32gb)

There is also a newer one w/out trim and a different controller for $10 less.Slower 4k performance

You also get a nice zif usb enclosure for your old drive.

post-455-091200400 1297226185.png

Hi All,

Anyone else has encountered the following problem?:

D430 (10.6.6) EDP1.5 RC6

When resuming from sleep, taping on the trackpad stops responding...

restart solves the problem and the tapping continues to work until next sleep.

Thanks a lot.

Hi All,

Anyone else has encountered the following problem?:

D430 (10.6.6) EDP1.5 RC6

When resuming from sleep, taping on the trackpad stops responding...

restart solves the problem and the tapping continues to work until next sleep.

Thanks a lot.

I haven't encountered that problem but sometimes I do have to tap 2 or 3 times for it to register. Doesn't happen much though.

Which trackpad driver are you using? Voodoops2 or appleps2?