OSX 10.6.6

Leon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have managed to get 10.6.0 running on my d620 with d620slv1.iso, I have upgraded the bootloader to rc5 665 and rebooted with no problems.

next I updated to 10.6.6....

rebooted and it loaded up updated.

with a few issues ie no airport, perhaps as expected.

Now I backed up and deleted the contents of the /Extra folder and replaced with the latest Extra zip contents.

I now ran /edptool.command, which choices do I make next? When do I reboot? As I must be doing something wrong as when I do reboot the bootloader fails....it tells me to restart grey screen etc.

I then have to reinstall from scratch as the old bootloader from the d620slv1.iso rc3 won't boot 10.6.6.

I am gradually learning and making progress... through trial and error and with great thanks to this site!

Any further help be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

Run edptool, select no. 1 to a new build, then select our model.. when its done you will return to the console and you can restart your machine..

just follow the guide mate :)

Do I

a)rebuild kexts from my present Config

or

c)rebuild kexts from /Extra/Custom

Sorry if this seems ridiculous to you, but I am still new.

Thankyou.

Edit

my console only showed the a b and c options!!!

when I scrolled up I found the numbered options etc...

now all working brilliantly.

sorry for the stupidity!

No worries man. You're not the first person with the window size / menu issue. It got a few people. Stick around it's going to get even better and the next release might be a full pkg install as well as more enhancements.

Have fun!

Do I

a)rebuild kexts from my present Config

or

c)rebuild kexts from /Extra/Custom

Sorry if this seems ridiculous to you, but I am still new.

Thankyou.

Edit

my console only showed the a b and c options!!!

when I scrolled up I found the numbered options etc...

now all working brilliantly.

sorry for the stupidity!

First time post, hopefully you guys can help me.

D620, Intel 3945ABG Video, Intel WiFi, Broadcom Eth

I have 2 of these machines and I have installed Snow Leopard 5 different times on them.

My steps are as follows: Install from retail CD, boot from Chameleon, install bootloader,

reboot, backup /Extra, Replace with osxlatitude.com's latest EDP, run edptool, choose option 3, yes to appleps2, no to power and no to PCMCIA. Reboot, enable sleep via http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/c1196/Getting_sleep_to_work_on_your_Dell_Latitude_with_OSX.html instructions. Run updates.

Each time I can get sleep working on 10.6.0 with no issues.

As soon as I install combo update 10.6.6 when I wake from sleep the mouse is horribly laggy and the rest of the computer just creeps along. Please help me!

run the sleep fix option from edptool again.

Updated to 10.6.6 again, ran the edptool. Chose Fixes, chose "Disable Hibernate (Fix Sleep)"

Same results, as soon as I wake from sleep, mouse is laggy and whole notebook is sluggish. Not just slow, but unusable.

I ran sudo su from terminal within OS X prior to running edptool, should I be booting to -s instead?

One thing I haven't done is updated any kexts to enable Quartz, but I doubt this would affect sleep mode?

• Administrators

post in your signature you machine spec's please.. you can use mine as a guide.. also what type of video is it? maybe your building for wrong machine. another thing when you set up the drive Do Not use Case Sensitive. and use chameleon ver5 rev665 or higher.. it almost sounds like your tscsync kext is not working... in whatever bootloader your using do a -v cpus= 1 and see if it's stable after that.

post in your signature you machine spec's please.. you can use mine as a guide.. also what type of video is it? maybe your building for wrong machine. another thing when you set up the drive Do Not use Case Sensitive. and use chameleon ver5 rev665 or higher.. it almost sounds like your tscsync kext is not working... in whatever bootloader your using do a -v cpus= 1 and see if it's stable after that.

Dude I love you long time! That was it. Put cpus=1 in chamelon on boot...

My HDD is titled Macintosh HDD (aren't I funny).

My other issue is my USB mouse dies after I wake, if I plug it into another port it comes back, but if I plug it into the port it started on, it doesn't work. When I get my USB OS X compatible wifi adapter from newegg, I assume it'll do the same thing, which will be quite annoying.

Also, should Quartz work with these GX620's? If so, what Kext do I need, and do I just drop it into /Extra and run Kext Utility?

"D620/ Core 2 Duo/ A04 Bios/ Intel 945 Graphics/ Broadcom Eth/ Intel 3945ABG Wireless/ 1gb ram / SL 10.6.6 / Working bluetooth