Lenovo T410s hangs during installation boot

KasperNL

I followed a few guides to get Mavericks working on my Lenovo T410s notebook.

For example:
https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5798-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-t410s/

So I did build the installation USB stick, and booted it, but during the startup on the grey Apple logo with spinning wheel screen the wheel suddenly stops to spin and nothings happens.

So I decided to boot using -v and I see the following message (read below or see attached screenshot):

IOMemoryDescriptor 0x????????????? prepared read only

Backtrace 0x??????????????? 0x?????????????? 0x?????????? 0x??????????????

Kernel extensions in backtrace com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphic(8.1.8).

Any ideas?

With kind regards,

Kasper

post-49339-0-51014900-1386867918_thumb.jpg

No real luck yet! Installation went fine but startup hangt during 'Apple with spinning wheel' screen.

This time the wheel keeps spinning.

So I thought, oh maybe I need to do the same Intel Graphics trick, so booted again from the USB disk and removed/replaced the IntelHDGraphics kext files.

But this time it didn't resolve my issue  :?

So I tried booting with -x -v -f but still no luck, with these options I got suck at something about Bluetooth (see screenshot).

Any ideas?

post-49339-0-49577400-1386877050_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

No real luck yet! Installation went fine but startup hangt during 'Apple with spinning wheel' screen.

This time the wheel keeps spinning.

So I thought, oh maybe I need to do the same Intel Graphics trick, so booted again from the USB disk and removed/replaced the IntelHDGraphics kext files.

But this time it didn't resolve my issue  :?

So I tried booting with -x -v -f but still no luck, with these options I got suck at something about Bluetooth (see screenshot).

Any ideas?

What resolution is your system? If different than 1440x900, you can't use the included IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

I just looked at the bootpack and noticed /Extra/DSDT-x201b.aml instead of /Extra/DSDT.aml in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I'll update it. You should change it and see if it helps too.