Dell D830 Mavericks Install Issue

cole2013

Ok so I am trying to install mavericks on my dell latitude d830.  It has the NVIDIA 140m graphics.  I followed the Pre Installation Instructions to get my USB prepared, then began following the Installation instructions.  It loads up and gets to the point where you select your language.  I selected English, then pushed next.  The next window that pops up says "The OS X Installation couldn't be completed."  In the background, it shows an installer log.  I'm not sure what is going wrong as I am following the instructions.  Thanks for your help!

• Administrators

Check your BIOS and, if required, adjust according to the recommended settings in the dedicated pinned thread on the matter. Disable Wireless if you have an Intel card. If you still have the same problem, rebuild your myHack installer and make sure to apply the OSXL bootpack afterwards (not automatic on myHack v3.3.1 -> Install Extra option in the menu).

I went into my BIOS and disabled wifi (it said intel wireless) and followed the process of creating the installer with myHack, then ran it again and installed extra.  I got my dell to boot it up and actually installed mavericks.  After it said install succeeded and restarted, it started booting up.  When it got to the point where I should see the apple logo, it just went black.  Are there other settings in the BIOS that need to be changed?  I also saw that I have the a15 revision of the BIOS, but there is an a16 version.  Do I need to update my BIOS to the latest revision?  Thanks! 

I started with Snow Leopard upgraded to 10.6.8 after running EDP, downloaded Mavericks and created a Mavericks installer on a separate partition of my hard drive following a YouTube video. Installed it then booted it using bootflag arch=x86_64. Ran EDP on that and almost everything works now. (Followed YouTube video because I couldn't get myhack to work)