Inspiron N5040 - Mavericks installation

Golfpro

Sorry for the double post. To get to the other point on the my hack drive i have the file you referenced above but when i terminal command it that was the response that i received. I tried to edit the chameleon file for the command that you listed above when i do this i get the original error. Is there a specific editing program i need to complete what you listed above.

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i type that in it does the same thing as no, it takes the command and continues to boot. Gets to the silver screen with the apple logo on it and the little spinning icon comes up and spins for a little bit and then it displays the screen. I never see any options.

Thank you for all the help, after some work i was able to get mavericks 10.9.0 installed i do have a couple issues which is no surprise. I can't get my wifi card to scan for networks. It shows that it is working and that it has the correct kext, the graphics flicker when i load the internet, also i can't get the trackpad to work. I have installed kext to all of these but it either crashes or does not work. I did try mutifail as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again.

• Moderators

Thank you for all the help, after some work i was able to get mavericks 10.9.0 installed i do have a couple issues which is no surprise. I can't get my wifi card to scan for networks. It shows that it is working and that it has the correct kext, the graphics flicker when i load the internet, also i can't get the trackpad to work. I have installed kext to all of these but it either crashes or does not work. I did try mutifail as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again.

Were you able to get QE/CI working on your setup?

Please run lspci -nn and place output here.

Also include your Extra folder so we could take a look.