Install Maverics on ASUS P9X79

expo

Hi mirazimov I have the same Audio issues as you and have tried so many variations I can't keep track (Realtk ALC(898) injection with HDAEnabler etc)... Have you had any success and if so what did you do?

Thanks

Bronxteck, that all worked like a charm!!... Audio working totally fine (a little quiet at the top end - not sure what I was doing wrong before?!?) and also able to create a bootable backup by using the Chameleon Myhack install fix.

Now on to USB3 and Internal SATA mounting as internal drive and I'm there.... The P9x79 has been a challenge but finding MyHack and you guys has been a Godsend.. Thanks again!

• Administrators

for orange icon you can use the chameleon sata dylib module. for usb3 you can try  genericusb3 kext and for voodoo hda volume issues you can edit the info plist inside the kext. you will have to regenerate caches after editing the kext with a myfix quick.

Hi Bronxteck
So I loaded Chameleon 2.1 and unfortunately it killed my system - initially I couldn't boot from any drive (it would just reboot from Chameleon screen endlessly)... In the end I had to unplug all drives and then boot just from Myhack USB, then shut down hook the Backup SSD up and the Bios would then go to the MyHack loader screen instead of the Chameleon and let me boot up.

I then tried chameleon Wizard sata dylib module but that didn't work either for the Orange drive?

I managed to edit voodoo hda, thanks for that.. Although again it didn't work for me, it just added background noise and didn't actually lift the volume (I edited voodoohdavolumefix from 'false' to 'true')?… I might give the Voodoo install pref pane option a go now I have your files from earlier as I know that has a gain/volume control.

I'll update soon - thanks again.