Mavericks 10.9.4 M4400/E6400/E6500 Tuning + Improvements

iindigo

OK GREAT,  I leave VT-D enabled in BIOS and add kernel flag dart=0 to config file of chameleon bootsloader, so my 10.9.5 now can boot with vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext and also with AppleHDA.kext. Also in DSDT.aml I have audio layout ID to 0. Sound in 10.9.5 works very well, thanks for it :)

But I have problem with sound in Yosemite. Yosemite in my Dell Latitude e6500 can boot only with Clover bootloader. I used the same DSDT.aml with audio layout ID 0 and I tried patched AppleHDA.kext (many version), but sound doesn't work. Sound icon is still grey-inactive.

If I use VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler, sound works, but very bad, it is cracking and lagging. Same problem I have in 10.9.5 with sound, if I use Clover bootloader.

Conclusion:

Clover bootloader is good, but not for me, because sound doesn't work properly with Clover in Yosemite and also in Maverick.

Maybe, I have bad configuration file of clover, I don't know...

If you take a look at my posts in the Yosemite E6500 thread, you'll see that I had the same troubles with Yosemite+Clover and decided to wait for Chameleon and myHack to be updated for Yosemite. Mavericks is working so well for me that the need for Yosemite, at least for now, is not that great. It's probably is a good idea to wait for 10.10.2 or so anyway.

Another note if I haven't mentioned it in this thread already: sleep seems very reliable now that I've set pmset to 0 and have replaced the system sleepimage with a symlink to /dev/null (an unwritable 0 byte file also seems to work). My only remaining gripe is the apparent lack of power management on the FX 770M.

Hi, my problem with sound in Yosemite is solved now. Try this version 2.7.3 of VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler. It works for me.

Kexts can be placed in clover folder, only... not in S/L/E :-) So, it may works after updating OS X, too.

I have others 2 problems:

1. Laptop POWER BUTTON doesn't works

2. Laptop can not POWER OFF after shut down. Display goes to black, bud LEDs of power still goes and also FANS still go.

voodooHDA 10.10.zip

• Like 1

I tried to add in Clover config shutdown fix, but it doesn't work, it is for Asus MB, I think.

I think, shutdown and Powerbutton depends on AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Same problem I had in MLion too, but this problem I solved with old version of AppleACPIPlatform (1.3.5).

Maybe it helps in Yosemite too.

Hello, I am a new hackintosh and I have a Dell M4400 with mavericks 10.9.5 and clover boot manager usb stick. I just installed, and would like to know how to install and remove kexts kexts.

I want to learn to do the right boot in HD without the stick.

I wonder how do the modifications as :  

dart = 0,

audio layout is Set to 0 ID in your DSDT and the que AppleHDA

AppleACPIPlatform.

I have doubts of how to make these modifications and places that make these modifications.

I need your help. Thank you

Hello. I managed to install the extra folder and all kexts along with camaleon. All the myhack, was almost perfect so far.

Only need two more adjustments.

My processor and intel Core2Quad Q9200 2.4GHz, however he recognizes him as a processor 2.15ghz. And the processor temperature was around 50-60 degrees celsius on windows, mac osx this by now 70-80 degrees celsius.