E6400 Yosemite Clover heat issue

krzysztofc10

• Administrators

Ha! That's a good old well-known BIOS matter.

Basically, it's doing the full/thorough POST checkup, not the quick one. That happens when BIOS thinks a parameter has changed. You can interrupt the checkup by pressing ESC then Enter. This thorough checkup will eventually go away after a full clean shutdown or startup. I recommend you make sure to use the patched AppleRTC kext, though it does not always prevent that long BIOS POST.

My Latitude D laptops do that frequently, especially as I switch between different OS X versions.

• Like 1

I don't install Public Beta Version, I've Install DP versions and you can download DP from Imzdl. But Public I Think you can also install :) I made the Guide in this forum So check it and I will update it with Clover installation. I Think the diference will be only clover support Public DP versions, if my wouldn't :)

Another thing krysztofc10, your dsdt.aml its wrong, I think. It is compiled for Dell M09, size 27KB (I don't know for what type of laptopis it). With your dsdt.aml I have wrong GPU frequencies.

My dsdt.aml is compiled for Dell e6400, size 29KB. GPU frequencies are good, 580MHz Core and 702MHz Memory.

Your dsdt.aml

"Project: DELL M09    ", 

"Date: 01/01/2007", 
"Ver: 1.00.00"

My dsdt.aml

"Project: DELL E6400",

"Date: 28/01/2012", 

"Ver: 1.00.01"

I have also 580 mhz core wih this dsdt.aml. I will check memory.  I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10 GM 1.0 with Clover and everything is ok. Clover could solve this issue.... I won't change right now to Chemeleon but I will add new Topic (using Clover) when final version of OSX 10.10 will be released. This Dsdt.aml was using by Wern Apfel from Insanelymac and it's working with AppleHDA.kext from bootpack. But you can upload your dsdt.aml if you can I will check it. For me is working great !

Thanks for reply! :)

Hi, this is my DSDT.aml and needed kexts for boot Yosemite 10.10 GM-2 with clover bootloader. I uploaded config file of clover, too.

e6500.zip

WiFi - works

Bluetooth - works

Keyboard, TrackPad and Touchpad - works

CPU, RAM and GPU speeds are good, screen with native resolution @ 1920x1200

Sound - works with cracking (I tried many versions of VoodooHDA.kext, the same result)