E6540 - Sleep Problem - need Help :)

OSXnoob

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only found 1.50.. battery status is ok.. but it doesn't show the to empty the battery.. but first is ok.. when the laptop don't make the auto restart :)

09.02.15 09:36:43,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Version 1.50 starting.
09.02.15 09:36:43,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Using ACPI regular battery information method _BIF
09.02.15 09:36:43,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Version 1.50 starting.
09.02.15 09:36:43,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Using ACPI regular battery information method _BIF
09.02.15 09:36:49,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)
09.02.15 09:37:29,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)
09.02.15 09:38:09,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)
09.02.15 09:38:49,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)
09.02.15 09:39:29,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)
09.02.15 09:40:09,000 kernel[0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Error: Overall Read Timeout Expired (0)

It is easyer to get the Battery status with a DSDT patch?

ok now I have the same problems withe the sleep

• Moderators

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

Make sure to restore the vanilla AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext in order for ACPIBatteryManager to work.

DSDT patching is needed if the EmbeddedController field is larger than 8 bit. In our Dell system, so far I have not seen any.

Have you tried the DSDT I patched for you? Place it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. You'll also need a patched SSDT, look for ssdtPRGen.sh.

I have install the vanilla AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext and the newest 1.55 ACPIBatteryManager in SLE

for understand.. vanilla means the original Yosemite kext?

Now the Batter status switch between (no Battery (Battery symbol with x in it) and (the right status)

This Laptop can be uses 2 Battery... this is the reason why the battery symbol will change??

----

I have do this..

You should change the hibernation mode to 0 and remove the sleepimage file if there is one. Use the following Terminal commands:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

For battery status, replace the AppleSmartBatteryManager kext in /S/L/E by the attached version. Finish with the following Terminal commands to fix permissions and rebuild cache:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Is it a Problem now? Hhave i change to much?

-----

I don't have install INTELcpuPowermanagement.kext... but when i look in the intel power gadget tool speedsteping works

I have try your dsdt.. after that yosemite don't boot... I try it again no.. and make a screenshot...

I have try to make a ssdt with ssdtPRGen.sh.. but i don't find the ssdt.aml :(

When i copy the ssdt and the dsdt in Clover patched folder...  must i change some settings with the clover configurator?

• Moderators

You don't need AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patch as it's done on the fly with Clover, you just need AsusAICPUPM enabled. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement if you have it. 

When you run the ssdtPRGen.sh script, it creates it to the Desktop or in /Extra. 

Can you list what kexts you installed for your build? Both in kexts/10.10 or in /S/L/E

ssdt.aml is on desktop and copy in patched folder from clover.. must i change some settings with the clover configurator?

in Clover kext 10.10 i have

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext

FakePCIID.kext

FakeSMC.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

In SLE

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

voodooHDA

HDA disabler

here the link again... my config and dsdt..

and the zip file with kext for my hd4600

Must i disable speedsteping in bios? when yes makes this problems with windows 7?

and now i must delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and enable AsusAICPUPM in Clover config?