Need help with HD4000 QE/CI on Yosemite 10.10.1 (E6530)

infamousgeek2

• Moderators

Did you follow this step?

a ) In /Extra/Extensions/SLE, there are 2 patched FB to enable HDMI audio

1) AppleIntelFramebufferCapri_03 = 1366x768
         2) AppleIntelFramebufferCapri_04 = 1600x900 and higher
         Select the one that match your model and rename to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
         Delete the other one

If you install everything from SLE, then installed both FB which could be the cause of your artifacts. Go into /S/L/E, delete both of the kexts. Rename  AppleIntelFramebufferCapri_03 in SLE to  AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and install it. Hopefully that will fix all the issue you're facing.

Jake, you were right once again, thank you!  I did follow that step to the T when I first did the upgrade, but in my many attempts to make things work I must have tried an older version of FBCapri.  I just reinstalled the one you mentioned and everything booted up perfectly, no more flickering, no more high CPU usage.

The only thing remaining is my PS2 mouse and trackpad's button that won't allow any drag n drop.  I'm thinking maybe it's another kext conflicting with voodooPS2Controler.kext...  I removed ApplePS2Controler.kext, do you think I should put it back?

• Moderators

One or the other, not both. With Voodoops2controller from my bootpack, you'll be able to scroll with your touchpad and trackstick. ApplePS2Controller will only act as a regular mouse.

To drag and drop, make sure to enable Clicking in Trackpad preference.

I have voodooPS2Controller installed in S/L/E only.  That is the only PS2 kext installed at the moment.

Heres the kextstat result:

36    3 0xffffff7f80ca5000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.9) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   57    0 0xffffff7f80f35000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.9) <37 36 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   58    0 0xffffff7f80f3b000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.9) <37 36 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   59    0 0xffffff7f80bcd000 0x4000     0x4000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse (1.8.9) <37 36 5 4 3>

Now, I'm not sure where PS2Keyboard, PS2Trackpad and PS2Mouse are coming from since I do not have those kext installed (I did at the very beginning but I had to remove them cause it was causing the computer to freeze at boot).

As for the symptoms, I found this video on Youtube displaying the exact same problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDqzvhVC0E

As a last resort, to make sure my issue is not related to my Maverick install, today I downloaded the latest OSX from the App Store and tried to follow the guide previously mentioned in hope of creating a brand new vanilla installation of OSX Yosemite on a different partition.  The USB Installer won't boot, gets stuck at some Kernel Panic.  Are you aware if the bootpacks from your guide are working with OSX 10.10.2 Jake?

• Moderators

Download the bootpack, update some files from the update section if you're building from 10.10.2. Remove the 2 FB and keep only the one from 10.10.2 update. 

If you encounter KP, most like you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext renamed to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak. Please post your KP.