Kext for Realtek RTL8151 GigEthernet

xujianningkp

• Administrators

It's highly likely that the above guide is erroneous on the LAN matter. As far as I know (but I could be wrong of course), there is no support for the Realtek RTL8151 Ethernet card.

You must have also noticed that the pack submitted by Ravven includes an Atheros Ethernet kext. Until one of you guys provides an lspci output listing hardware with PCI ids, it's difficult to confirm what's fitted to this laptop...

• Administrators

Guys, please provide your LAN card PCI ids (Vendor + Device). That'll be available through lspci -nn Terminal command (if you have the lspci driver + binaries installed) or DCPIManager app.

• Administrators

I think Ravven confuses Realtek RTL8151 with Atheros AR8151 (as per his signature)... But until someone decides to post the PCI ids, we can't confirm.

Here's what I've found so far:

• Realtek RTL8151: ven=0x10ec, dev=0x8151 ? (-> not covered by AtherosL1cEthernet kext)
  • Atheros AR8151: PCI-E GigaEthernet LAN, ven=0x1969, dev=0x1083 (-> covered by AtherosL1cEthernet kext)

Well I do remember looking for that kext myself for the longest time. But, I can't remember the details right now. Sorry.

It's definitely the kext I'm using for my Ethernet card, tho. To be sure, I'll check at home my PCI ids and post them here.

As for my WLAN I'm using a normal OS X kext (I just needed to change my card's info in the DSDT).