D630 nVidia - Yosemite Installation Issues

clmac

Hi there, I'm getting the same error "this version of Mac OS x is not supported on this platform" - what did you do differently to resolve the issue? I'm trying to use Clover. I followed the steps word for word (obviously not with the DP but the downloaded app). I'm also confused as to whether I need the vanilla Kernel or not. Any help would be most appreciated.

System: D630 nvidia

• Administrators

No confusion to be had about the kernel. If anything, the patched kernel posted name should be self-explanatory... Then use the posted pack and make sure to partition your HDD GUID/GPT and format your target partition "Mac OS X Extended (journaled)".

It's just the basics, there really is no difficulty whatsoever installing Yos on the D630 nVidia. I really thought I had written an idiot's guide, so guys, please read it with all due attention.

Hello Hervé, thanks for the reply.

I think what is now very easy for you is very complicated for others (especially me, though I have been tinkering with Hackintosh for a few years) :-)

We do appreciate your time and patience. It seems that I'm close but just missing something obvious, perhaps...?

Here's the steps I've taken so far...

(Once I've nailed it I'd like to write an idiot's "IDIOTS" guide for install on D630 to cover even the very novice like me)

On Mac

• Show hidden files via terminal command:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

• Download Yosemite from Apple App Store
  • Mount InstallESD.dmg found in Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/SharedSupport
  • Then mount BaseSystem.dmg
  • Use Disk Utility to erase USB key (Partition 1, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GUID)
  • Restore the contents of BaseSystem.dmg onto partition on USB key
  • Rename USB key to USB (stop confusion with mounted volumes)
  • Remove link for Packages in folder System/Installation on USB key
  • Copy folder Packages located in InstallESD.dmg to folder System/Installation on USB key
  • Copy the 2 hidden files (BaseSystem.dmg & Basesystem.chunklist) of InstallESD.dmg to the root of your USB key
  • Download and install Clover (Clover_v2.3k_r3241.pkg) onto USB key using the following custom options:

Bootloader - Install boot0af in MBR

CloverEFI - CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

Drivers64 - ALL OPTIONS

• Download pack D630_NV135m_10.10_Pack.zip from HERE
  • Extract and copy all kexts from the pack to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
  • Copy the DSDT from the pack to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • Download config.plist_D630n.zip from HERE and copy to EFI/CLOVER

On D630

• Reset BIOS to defaults, check settings against those listed HERE
  • Start D630 with USB key.

I still don't know when/where the Kernel goes!? What else have I missed, please...?

• Moderators

Use the vanilla kernels that are available here. Patched kernels are only for Haswell CPU's

Place Kernel in /System/Library/Kernels/. You will have to manually create the folder Kernels as it's not automatically created.

• Administrators

Just follow the process detailed here and you can't normally go wrong. If you 1st boot using Clover, you should not need to manually create a /S/L/K folder and copy the kernel to it. That's only applicable to Chameleon if you use Chameleon directly on your USB key and never use Clover.

I've separated the final process re: bootloaders to distinguish what needs to be done for Clover and for Chameleon.