Dell Latitude 3440 help

kirev

Thank you so much for the guidance.

I corrected the brightness button glitch with the help of this post by Rehabman, I took his Dell patch(SSDT-KEY-DELL-WN09.dsl) opened it in maciASL, compiled it and saved it as .aml File and upon restart the buttons worked as expected..

Now the only problem is instant wake one.. I have a TP-Link W725N nano wireless usb adapter for wifi connectivity on my usb 2.0 port(right). Even though I unplug it, The sleep is followed by instant wake..

Hi Jake lo,

I think I found what's wrong with the Sleep and my other keyboard related glitches.. 

In Karabiner EventViewer I am seeing infinite sequence of 2 key events(SysKeyDown followed by a SysKeyUp)..

Bellow is an output of Karabiner and attached is a photo..

eventType:SysKeyDown    code:0x6        name:                flags:                                   misc:ConsumerKeyCode::POWER
eventType:SysKeyUp        code:0x6        name:                flags:                                   misc:ConsumerKeyCode::POWER

On a little digging I found it is in fact the laptop power button.

I think the patch provided by Rehabman which applied the breaking keys hack to the brightness control should work for the power too.. but I don't know how to go about that

My Dell has a Synaptics touchpad.

And I think the issue is with VoodooPS2Controller itself, not with the VoodooPS2Touchpad kext. 

And that patch Rehabman wrote for Dell laptops.  think same patch goes for Power button or may be also add the Power button the dell keyboard breakless Entries in info.plist of VoodooPS2Keyboard/Controller kext. The problem is don't know what is the code for the power key..

P.S. I have voodooPS2 inside my Clover.. That should not cause any issues.. but just in case..