Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

Hm...I got this from the installation guide page:

10. At the end of the installation, you will be prompted a few questions if you are using Chameleon boot loader.

The installer will ask if you want to use the “Generic Extra†& kexts or if you would like to “Supply your ownâ€. Choose ‘Use My own’ and then point to the Extra folder located at the root of your myHack USB installer.

Next, the installer will ask if you want to remove problematic extensions. Answer Yes everytime.

11. Wait for the installation to complete, then reboot when prompted to do so.

12. Remove your USB boot stick and boot directly from HDD if you are using Chameleon otherwise boot from USB again.

You would not normally need USB installer anymore, myHack having installed boot loader onto your HDD so that you can boot directly off it.

13. At 1st boot, you will be prompted to finalise your OS X installation (user account, registration, etc.).

And this is where it seems is the problem. Step 10 never happens. It just installs without any questions. And when I boot from the HDD it tells me that it's not a bootable drive. When I boot from the stick it takes me again to the start of the installation process (language selection...), no "finalisation of my OS X installation"...

Am I having a blond day?

• Moderators

Sorry didn't realized you were using myHack. myHack does not support Yosemite, so not sure you were able to create the installer unless you're not installing Yosemite.

If Mavericks, you should be able to boot with the USB and then select the installed drive, not the "Install OS X " drive.

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. I mixed things up with that last post. I didn't use myHack but this guide.

Just this step ("Upon completion, reboot your freshly made Yosemite installation via your USB installer and complete 1st boot system configuration) isn't clear to me. When I reboot I am only able to boot from the stick (OS X Base System). When I try to boot from the installed HDD, it says: "Selected boot device failed." And when I boot from the stick the whole installation process starts over.

• Moderators

Ok, one more time. Boot with the USB Installer. When the Chameleon loader appears, you should see 2 or more disks (USB installer and Installed drive). Select the Installed drive. If you're not seeing the drive selection, it could be that 'quick boot' is enabled. In that case, hit the space bar. This should now list your drive selections. Select the drive and continue to post install.

I started from the beginning and this time it worked, I still don't know what the problem was.

Now I have Yosemite up and running (many many thanks to you guys so far!!!), but keyboard, trackpad, wifi, battery status and sound don't work. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I used your guide, but I used the Extra folder found on the Compatibility & Bootpacks page. I first tried using the Optiplex 9010 pack. But then trackpad and keyboard didn't work in the installation menu, and external keyboard and mouse didn't work either. So I tried the other bootpack, trackpad and keyboard also didn't work, but the external ones did, so I sticked with it.

Well, that explains why it didn't work. Still, in the end I didn't use the Optiplex but the bootpack from the Compatibility chart.
So can I try and just replace the Extra folder with the correct one from your guide and install all the kexts with KextWizard?