Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size 0x0, File: acpi_patcher.c, Line: 893

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

This is what I eventually got after trying to boot my E6220 with Mountain Lion from a USB installation stick that I created using MyHack.

The first time I accidentally created a stick (using this guide: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/pre-installation/)with a generic bootpack because MyHack didn't ask me to choose an Extra folder. When I tried booting, DiskUtility did not show my HDD (Samsung Evo 840 SDD), so I could not progress with partitioning.

The second time I manually replaced the extra folder on the stick with the proper Chameleon bootpack found here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/but when I booted I got an error similar to the one above.

The third time I used an older version of MyHack (3.1.2) and used MyHack's "install extra" feature to load the proper bootpack. When I then booted the notebook the error message on top appeared.

Do you have any clues? Thanks a lot!

I am completely new at this...

Core i5-2540M (I'll update later with the rest of the stats...)

Thanks for the quick hint.

Now I used MyHack to

1st Create OS X Installer (from OS X Mountain Lion Installation.app)

2nd Install Extra (E6220 bootpack)

and 3rd Install Chameleon

then I booted the notebook, to no avail. Still the same issue, this time with a different number:

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size 0x0, File: acpi_patcher.c, Line: 926

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

My stats:

Latitude E6220

BIOS A08

i5-2540M

8GB DDR3

Intel HD 3000, 1366x768

Dell DW 1501 WLAN

Intel 82579LM Ethernet

• Administrators

I suspect somethign wrong with the bootpack. Maybe it's a Clover pack, not a Chameleon one. If you're installing Mountain Lion of Mavericks with myHack, I suggest you follow this Mavericks guide. Obviously, don't use the patched SNB FrameBuffer kext from Mavericks with ML...

NB: For Lion and ML, Im' pretty sure you'll need the older AppleACPIPlatform kext v1.3.6 (of SL 10.6.8) provided in the Chameleon bootpack. It's not required with Mavericks and later OS X versions.

Many thanks again for the hint. Unfortunately this does not seem to work either.

First I tried the suggested pack from your Mavericks guide, deleted the SNB FrameBuffer kext and installed the Extra directory on my ML boot stick.

--> Still the same Memory allocation error

Then I added the AppleACPIPlatform kext v1.3.6 to the folder

--> Still the same error...

:-(