E6420 El Capitan-Difference between Lo and Hi Res for config./DSDT?

ssprod

Greetings.. completed my El Capitan installation on 1 x E6420 HD3000 Lo-Res.. all is running beautifully, however my 2nd E6420 happens to be Hi-Res (1600x900 + i5 2520 CPU) and my Clover USB does not boot to the installer screen. I have tried using the hi-res DSDT from https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7091-dell-latitude-e6420-with-i5-2410m-hd3000-and-1600x900-lcd-mavericks/, but that renders unsuccesful results also. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!  ssprod 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake, tried this. Weird issue.. goes to black screen, goes into sleep mode immediately, when I wake it up I can see the MacOSX setup utility, but when I hover the cursor over to Utilities, the screen turns black/illuminated. Tried enabling dual link in your config. but same result.  Sorry for the trouble, mate! Scratching my head on this one!

----> Update: I seem to be able to boot to the installer presently by checking Inject EDID+ Load Video Bios in Clover Options of USB. Shall see how the install proceeds. Thanks.

:-( Presently, the system is booting to El Cap without issue, however I'm experiencing compromised performance and "glitches" in behaviour. Currently, I'm using the DSDT and config from post 8, however I've used most of the patched DSDT's available on this site with the same results. When I download any file, the system freezes up forcing a reboot. When I open my DSDT with MacIasl, the system freezes, however when I extract a raw DSDT from the 6420, it seems fine. Any help on the issue would be most helpful. Just to summarize, my cpu is a 2520M, GPU is Intel HD3000 1600x900 Hi Res. Thanks!