E6420 El Capitan-Difference between Lo and Hi Res for config./DSDT?

ssprod

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings, some time has passed since last addressing my E6420 Hi-Res. I ended up going back to Yosemite :| , as El Capa wasn't feeling the love. Based on the much-appreciated suggestions which I tried to no avail. I reverted back to 10.10.5. I'd really love to get 10.11 on this machine, as my 2nd E6420 Lo-Res is running El Capa beautifully. To any users of this model (Hi-Res), I would much appreciate your experiences and success stories. Thank you. ssprod

Update: Managed to install 10.11.1 and enabled "dual-Link=1", GPU is recognized, however i'm still experiencing major freezing when I move my cursor aggressively, change web pages, type quickly, etc.  I'm using the identical EFI folder as my succesful Yosemite build.  Any thoughts? Thank you. ssprod

Update: Managed to install 10.11.1 and enabled "dual-Link=1", GPU is recognized, however i'm still experiencing major freezing when I move my cursor aggressively, change web pages, type quickly, etc.  I'm using the identical EFI folder as my succesful Yosemite build.  Any thoughts? Thank you. ssprod

Have you tried in Clover Config, Slide=0 and Intel =1.