Dell Precision M4800 - all hardware

howoarang

So according to the lspci -nn output, my Dell Precision M4800 has the following:

Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller

Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller

I'm guessing the first is the HDMI audio for the integrated graphics card?

And the second is the one I'm currently concerned with?

Silly me to think all Dell Precision M4800 computers had the same sound card.

Thanks, now I should be able to search on this and move forward.

• Administrators

According to Dell M4800 support web pages, audio controller is based on Realtek ALC3226 (=ALC292) codec.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=DFR6K&fileId=3529517277&osCode=W732&productCode=precision-m4800-workstation&languageCode=en&categoryId=AU

It's the same codec as fitted to E6440 or E7440 and for which you'll find patched kexts in existing guides. For instance, here.

• Moderators

Were you using DSDT.dsl or DSDT.aml?

Make sure it's DSDT.aml. If that still doesn't work, then try add IRQ patch

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches#system_IRQ.txt
# This can fix non-working audio and also has an affect on HPET.
#
# Use this if you have issues with patched AppleHDA (required on almost all laptops)
# or if you have issues with HPET (restart after wake).
# IRQ fix
into device name_hid PNP0000 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0100 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0103 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{.*\} removeall_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0103 code_regex Name\s\(([^,]+),\sResourceTemplate\s\(\).*\n\s+\{((?:.|\n)*)\}\) replace_matched
begin
Name (%1, ResourceTemplate()\n
{\n
    IRQNoFlags() { 0, 8, 11, 15 }\n
%2
})\n
end;

Thanks for taking a look.

I was using .aml, I just figured you'd want the source .dsl for more convenient reading.

I just did this patch but it didn't help the audio. After rebooting I did magically have bluetooth working again, but I think that's due to the bluetooth problem being hit and miss.

I think one of the Vietnamese guys in this thread is the guy who posted his files to Github, the ones I used. I used everything BUT the .dsl because the one he had wouldn't compile. So I was trying to add things as needed to my own original one.

I'm going to go back and try to fix his original .dsl and see if that helps. Attaching his originals here if you could take a look. I didn't understand why his .dsl which he said worked perfectly wouldn't even compile without errors. I'm going to try and work on the Intel only one first.

DSDT-SSDT DSL.zip