Dell Precision M4800 - all hardware

howoarang

The provided DSDT patch for Intel only seems to be working fine. I have improved graphics (albeit with a slightly garbled menu bar unless I logout and then back in again), but the audio still doesn't work. I double checked and this DSDT did already have the layout-id=1 and the IRQ fix.

I notice in System Information/Extensions that AppleHDA_ALC292 is loaded, but AppleHDA is not. Should AppleHDA also be loaded? I'm not sure what's expected there.

I also notice in System Information/Audio that it does see the internal microphone, speaker, headphone, and line input.

Something else I just noticed. Post #26 says I need CodecCommander.kext in /S/L/E. It's there. But according to System Information/Extensions, it's also not loaded.

My main question now is why are these required kexts not loading.

The CodecCommander from the post #26 attachment was version 2.2.1 for some reason. I updated to the latest RehabMan version of 2.5.2 and now it's loaded and I have Internal Speakers. Note to self: even if someone else says a kext helped them, make sure to get the latest version of it instead of what they provide.

It seems my menu bar glitches on boot are also gone now.

Thanks for all the help.

Hi All,

I have another question about this laptop. I need to get HDMI video/audio output to work.

I have FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in /S/L/E.

System Information / Extensions says that FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext aren't loaded, even though FakePCIID.kext is…

Is this the way it's supposed to look? Or is there something wrong that I need to figure out to get these two kexts loaded?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi All,

I have another question about this laptop. I need to get HDMI video/audio output to work.

I have FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in /S/L/E.

System Information / Extensions says that FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext aren't loaded, even though FakePCIID.kext is…

Is this the way it's supposed to look? Or is there something wrong that I need to figure out to get these two kexts loaded?

Thanks,

Ken

Which graphic card that you are using on your OSX. it won't load if you disabled intel graphich card (HD4600) on your bios.

Hi Guys,

Thanks. I think it's the 2GB Nvidia Quadro K2100M. Unfortunately, the laptop is currently getting repaired by my office and I won't have it back till the end of the week. (The reason I was hacking it was because the Windows drive had died anyways, so nothing to lose.)

Ken