D630 + Nvidia NVS135m = Nightmare! on Lion 10.7+

carbon16

10.7.2 runs alright with the Intel D630 EDP, it's manageable for now, EXCEPT it won't power off completely... any way of dealing with that? By the way Bronx, I do have a stock IOATAfamily.kext from 10.6.7. Would that be useful to you.. you're welcome to it. Thx. ssprod

are you in 32bit or 64bit?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had the same blank screen after updating to 10.7.2 on nVidia on Precision M4400. Had to restore the following from 10.7.1 to get it back:

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

Seems to be working pretty well. Haven't gone to 10.7.3 yet. Anyone tried 10.7.3 with nVidia?

TIA

Had the same blank screen after updating to 10.7.2 on nVidia on Precision M4400. Had to restore the following from 10.7.1 to get it back:

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

Seems to be working pretty well. Haven't gone to 10.7.3 yet. Anyone tried 10.7.3 with nVidia?

Greetings, 10.7.2 running well with an edited dsdt that I made. PM if you'd like to try. Have not initiated 10.7.3 yet Regards. ssprod

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

TIA

Kilroy,

I'm on 10.7.3 and haven't have any issue. I never have issue installing like the op stated. When i did my for the first time everything just work no blank screen.

The only issue I am seeing is that sometime my system will read the wrong CPU GHz.

Hi !

I`m also in the process of Reinstalling my D630 NVidia 1440x900 from ground. Is the NVidia Package from the Website (DSDT) just fine ? I think I maybe need a higher BIOS Version (Website DSDT based on A05 I think) due to using a T9500CPU ?

What`s the best DSDT to use ? Nvidia, D630, 1440x900, 8GB Ram (May have to Modify DSDT EA Range), ...

Whats working what ain`t ?

Hi!

I am (almost) glad to see this topic. I have the same machine, D630, n135m, 1440x900 and ever since I got it I never managed to install OS X (10.6, 10.7) on it: it boots, moves to GUI and the screen turns black. Whatever I tried failed. I'll dig it up from my pile and use the tips provided here to give it another try.

Thanks,

Gl.

Hi!

I am (almost) glad to see this topic. I have the same machine, D630, n135m, 1440x900 and ever since I got it I never managed to install OS X (10.6, 10.7) on it: it boots, moves to GUI and the screen turns black. Whatever I tried failed. I'll dig it up from my pile and use the tips provided here to give it another try.

Thanks,

Gl.

Greetings, I did return your pm.. and will gladly send you my edited dsdt upon request. Essentially, i followed this edit----->https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1321-fix-black-screen-issue-in-d830-nvidia-bootpack/page__pid__8872#entry8872 Seems to be working fine for me atm. Regards. ssprod