E6430 Intel HD4000 artefacts after installation os x 10.11

pirolito

• Administrators

Sorted. Installation had too many defects to mention, 1st one being an incorrect SSDT locking CPU to 800MHz... Installed the correct add-on kexts to /L/E, removed injected kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, replaced AppleHDA with patched Yosemite version from Jake's Yos guides, activated DropSSDT in Clover, regenerated proper SSDT, etc.

All is working, though I still can't explain those messages related to the prelinkedkernel that cannot be cached.

• Moderators

Backup the Clover folder and any kexts you have installed to /L/E or /S/L/E.

There's either Clover or Enoch branch of Chameleon that supports El Capitan.

Chameleon is easy to configure but Clover has patch-on-fly capability and UEFI.

Stick with what you have working now. After you create the USB installer, replace the Clover folder with your backup. 

Save the kexts from /L/E to be install to the working system, not the USB installer.

• Administrators

Pirolito, really, the boot pack is saved on your desktop in a folder called "ElCapitan_E6430_Pack". What more can I say?...

Looking at the recent gusts of new threads and posts re: EC installation of those E6x20/E6x30 with Clover, I'd say stick to (Chameleon) Enoch. Clover really seems difficult to newbies (no offence meant).

You can follow the same process I've detailed meticulously for EC on the D630 nVidia. Obviously the pack will change, but you already have it.

Pirolito, really, the boot pack is saved on your desktop in a folder called "ElCapitan_E6430_Pack". What more can I say?...

Looking at the recent gusts of new threads and posts re: EC installation of those E6x20/E6x30 with Clover, I'd say stick to (Chameleon) Enoch. Clover really seems difficult to newbies (no offence meant).

You can follow the same process I've detailed meticulously for EC on the D630 nVidia. Obviously the pack will change, but you already have it.

Ok Hevre, i will give it a try.

I will follow the Enoch Guide.

Thank you Herve (no offence taken). I have an E6430.  (have a perfect hack with yosemite) However the problem is that there is actually no support for Enoch. I have installed with it because of not really understanding Clover but I am now stuck with no sound, no usb 3.0 and no 5GHz of my broadcom wifi card. I have been searching for help but everything I see is all about clover and UEFI. I really need some help but do not know where to turn.

• Administrators

Those issues have nothing to do with Enoch. Enoch is a boot loader and that's it.

The AppleHDA patch is widely available for the IDT 92HD93 codec of the E6430. It's just a matter of searching for it.

For USB 3.0, I'd say there's a very good chance that the built-in Intel controller can be natively supported. USBx.0 issues are a "simple" matter of DSDT tuning + USB injector creation for your chosen SMBIOS profile. Again, this is widely documented and can be found through forum searches. Here for instance.

Anyway, this is all off-topic, this thread was about HD4000 artefacts and can be closed.