E6220 Yosemite does run well, El Capitan does not boot

Pachnes

Getting closer. 

Have successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.5. Interesting, I thought, that the USB installer created was 10.11.5, so no updates needed. 

Booting from hard disk I get a boot0 error. 

Booting from USB then choosing hard disk at boot screen works and El Capitan boots. 

The only problem at this point is No Sound. Can I try the Exx20 AppleHDA you have linked in your signature?

At the root of my hard disk I have the Extra folder I copied from the USB installer (the 2nd bootpack you listed) and there is also a boot file. I've tried reinstalling Enoch but I still get a boot0 error when boot from the hard disk. 

I have the common e6220 i5-2520M model. 

What should I be looking for?

After reinstalling Enoch and rebooting from USB pen, then booting from hard disk, with -f -v, I see that now I don't have a boot file at root of internal hard disk. 

On previous systems it was usually enough to reinstall Chameleon to solve the boot0 error. Not working on El Capitan. 

• Administrators

Search the forum for "boot0" or "4K" sector issue. There are several threads/posts and they provide the procedure you need to follow to fix the issue. It's a little well-knwon bug of Chameleon.

Getting closer. 

The first problem was the 4K sector issue and I used the suggested solutions. 

At this point I can boot from the internal HD, but I need to use -f - v flags, otherwise I get a "Mac OS version not yet set" error. I've tried installing the Enoch version listed in the guide and the most recent one. 

Also, I've tried different HDA kexts, but still don't have Sound.