Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI: graphics and BT issues under El Capitan

Stolidedog

Turned out the discovery problem was due to my coax leads from the mini PCI-E card.  Replaced those and discovery works fine, however BT keeps dropping.  The card and BT work fine in Windows 7.

Can someone help me understand how to get the USB fix applied for my MBO. I am so lost with reading forums, clover patches, custom kexts and everything else. I've read forums, watched videos and everything else. My Clover generated DSDT doesn't match IOReg or IOJones. I've attached everything I can think of. I don't know where to start or what kexts I need or don't need.

Please have a look. If anyone with the same hardware as me has been successful, please pass along what I need to do. My main issue is my Bluetooth keeps dropping (disconnecting) after a few seconds. WIFI works fine. Seems like graphics are fine too, but DVD player says "HD Unsupported".

WIFI/BT: AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card.

The attached zip file contains:

• EFI folder less themes
  • IOJones dump
  • iMac.spx
  • Hardware specs: specs.txt
  • Directory dump of /Library/Extensions (L-E.txt)
  • Directory dump of /System/Library/Extensions (S-L-E.txt)
  • kexts.txt - modified kexts.  Some I know are modified because kext rebuild flags them with invalid signature.  Some I'm not sure of because but the file date is off.  Not sure.  Tried lots of different remedies and cures.

• Administrators

i tested the dw1550 bt on another machine that had the usb headers on the pci-e slot and all i needed was dinesh's BT firmware uploader from this forum to get it working. i did not use rehabmans kexts /methodes

DVD player says "HD Unsupported"

You'll get that if your system doesn't have a physical DVD device. Same on a real Mac

Oh didn't realize that.  That explains it.  I do have an external DVD (not Blue-ray) and same thing, but maybe that's the way its supposed to be.  Anyway, I don't think I have graphics problems at all.

Thanks Jake Lo.

i tested the dw1550 bt on another machine that had the usb headers on the pci-e slot and all i needed was dinesh's BT firmware uploader from this forum to get it working. i did not use rehabmans kexts /methodes

Well, I went back to Windows and it now does the same thing there, disconnects after a few seconds, so it doesn't seem to be software related.  Its weird, it was working fine under Windows 7.  

The last thing I did before it completely crapped out is this mentioned from here:

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 80

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 80

I deleted all of them but it never recovered.

So I went back and pulled my BCM94352 card and put back my Atheros AR5BHB92-H card and GHS2 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Like I mentioned originally this USB BT adapter did work fine before, not it doesn't...disconnects after a few seconds.  In Windows 7 it doesn't connect at all.  It discovers, but cannot pair.

So I must be wondering if something with the MBO or the gods have just decided they don't want me to have BT on this build.  :? 

I'm going to try BTFirmwareUploader and let you know.  Since it doesn't work in Windows I'm not to hopeful though.  Thanks for the tip and help.

Bob

Re-installed El Cap 10.11.4 and upgraded to 10.11.5.  Bluetooth is back, but man the reception sucks.  I move my head, stand up or go more than three feet away it starts stuttering.  Oh well, I think that's the way its going to be.

I must have missed something though.  I'm getting the dreaded "A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]".  I installed IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext from Jake Lo into /L/E.