E7440: 10.11.6 almost there

Sorcerer

Well i went out an splurged on a Broadcom wi-fi card for the e7440.. (my work allowed me to keep the Laptop when they made me redundant.. How nice of them :)  )

and since i was having issues getting it recognised and that 10.11.6 was now out (previously running 10.11.4)

I decided to start from scratch. 

so i built my USB drive for 10.11.6  following Jake's guide..  

and so far so good.. Bluetooth was not work properly but i have that solved now and airdrop also works a treat (YAY) after installing 2 kexts mentioned in another recent post (thanks again Jake)  :).. 

however the system is working great so far and it even wakes from sleep without crashing (FANTASTIC)  but i loose all sound.. 

:(

Still have not tested headphones, HDMI and HDMI audio or using it with the Dell E-port Dock

So any help with sound not working after wake..  Scoured various forums but nothing relevant to 10.11.6.. 

The Internal speakers are still listed as the output device but there is nothing coming from them.. rebooting gets my sound back again but it disappears after sleep.. 

Great thanks Jake..  that fixed Audio after sleep..  and i can also say Bluetooth audio to my Plantronics Stereo 560 headset also works.. :) Although Headset port does not recognise a Microphone in a microphone enabled headset (Bluetooth or cabled).  (not sure if the e7440 has microphone as well as headset even though the icon next to the jack clearly shows a headset with mic)

HDMI does not seem to be working though.. 
It detects the TV as a HDMI connection in both Audio and Display properties but does not output anything to the screen (Black Screen) also sound still comes from laptop not TV speakers. (although it acts as it is using HDMI i.e can not adjust volume on laptop)...

• Administrators

HDMI output requires patching of the Azul FB; we've mentioned that several times before. Look up the patch in my E6440 guide or my Haswell graphics experimentation thread for full details.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7387-dell-latitude-e6440-with-i5-4300m-hd4600-and-1600x900-lcd-mavericksyosemite/page-2&do=findComment&comment=48816

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8723-enabling-dvidphdmi-with-intel-hd4200440046005000-and-iris-51005200-gpu/

Hervé i tried your patch.. HDMI working perfectly thanks.. 

DVI is not working from the PR03X E-port replicator nor is VGA.. plugging in the DVI cable with laptop powered up crashes the laptop auto rebooting it.  after it boots up there is an annoying beeping sound that goes away once i log in to the laptop. 

Not that its important anyway as i'll likely not use the dock if its going to be a hassle

I can get around the issue using a HDMI to VGA adaptor and plug in a second monitor that way and it works somewhat..  Image is slightly blurry. Not sharp by any means. 

only issue using the HDMI adaptor is that it also blocks one of the USB ports :(  

• Administrators

VGA is unsupported on those Haswell HD4600 Hackintoshes. You can only use HDMI, DVI or DP.

The thread does stipulate that the patches are my own findings and experimentation. You may have patched the kext incorrectly (it's easy to make a mistake) or your system requires a different patch.