macOS Sierra on dell E5430 non v-pro fully working

karimtosh

• Moderators

Boot with the USB installer, at the Clover GUI, select the Installed drive.

Once you booted, install Clover v4051. Once installed, copy the following from the USB installer EFI to the Installed drive EFI partition.

/EFI/Clover/Config.plist

/EFI/Clover/ACPI

/EFI/Clover/Themes

/EFI/Clover/Kexts

/EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus.efi

• Like 1

Hi all, in my case the installator hang with white apple logo an progress bar below it, and spinning ball instead of cursor - i can move this spinning ball using mouse on USB (not using trackpad on laptop). I have such effect when using -v option on clover. Without -v option i have similar effect (spinning ball), but instead of apple logo i have some glitches on the bottom of the screen.

To make USB i used EFI from the beggining of this topic (20.01 MB), and went accordingly the https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54633

I have BIOS revision 12, on this laptop 10.9.5 is working like a charm (almost everything is working - the only one thing is that i cannot use two external displays connected to the dock station), now i wanted to make upgrade and HDD replacement and check if on this newer version, i can have three displays (build in and two external connected to dock station through display ports).

any ideas/suggestions?

core i7, 16 GB of RAM, HD 4000

BR,

MM