macOS Sierra on dell E5430 non v-pro fully working

karimtosh

check your energysaver prefpane to see if you have something set to not sleep. something is set to not let it sleep from your output.  

I've checked prefpanel. There is only two wake reasons, network and bluetooth, both are disabled.

Try this one, updating _pts / _wak patches

Nothing, still waking after one second...

I think better solution for me now is karimtosh's DSDT with your sleep fix. But I have next problem, new VoodooPS2Controller.kext will not work after sleep, and cause reboot after few second... Old versions of touchpad kext works not smooth with Sierra.

I've followed that guide and got to the bios part before installation. So I set sata operation to ahci and boost list option to uefi. I can't seem to find secure boot and "enable legacy option rom" so I tried to just boot from usb without those two settings. Currently, I'm at the apple boot screen and the progress bar is at 0%. How did you overcome this with your dell e5430?

Hi, I just updaetd to bios version A11 and found those settings! Now, i'm having this other issue where I boot to the USB and it skips the clover boot screen and just goes straight into macOS Sierra installer. After installing it and trying to boot to the hard drive, I get an error saying "invalid partition table". Do you know what is the possible cause of this?

No, I pressed enter and it says "selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system". I'm going to try to use an updated clover version and I'll update this post.

EDIT: Clover still doesn't show up. It goes straight to the macos SIerra installer. Does it have anything to do with naming the usb? I followed to el capitan guide and instead of naming my usb "Install OSX El Capitan",  I just named it USB. Also, I noticed that when I press f12 to get to the "select device" screen, the USB is the only option under the UEFI devices. I don't know if this is normal but my hard drive is under legacy devices still.

Another thing to note, I can't seem find the EFI partition on the usb. I remember replacing the original EFI folder with the one found in this post but I don't see it anymore...