macOS Sierra on dell E5430 non v-pro fully working

karimtosh

Jake Lo,

I have BIOS version A18 loaded on the laptop.  Should I revert it to an older version?  Attached is what I see at the login screen.

post-4953-0-51798100-1499374177_thumb.jpg

*Edit

Jake Lo,

I am sorry.  I re-read what you wrote and I will revert back to A02 as Herve suggest. I believe that I started out with A11 but cannot remember, will check tomorrow.

• Administrators

No need to re-install  macOS at all. If version A02 is not available then go for A03 indeed (i.e. the oldest version available off Dell's web site) before re-upgrading to A12.

Ok.  The BIOS that fixed the issues with the screen, for me, is A09.  MacOS booted perfectly.  Now if I could get the sound and wifi card to work.    The Audio is showing in System Information in macOS as Intel High Definition Audio and the WIFI is not showing up.  According to the BIOS system Information, I have a broadcom wireless card.  Do you all have any suggestions?

• Administrators

You should be able to identify the exact Broadcom card through DPCIManager app (Google for it) or by looking directly at the card once you remove the bottom plate. Then look up here and/or in the wireless forum sub-section.

For audio, look up the Info page in your BIOS settings. Probably IDT 92HD93, in which case, it'll be same as E6x30 and you can re-use the same IDT dummy kext + AppleHDA patches. Details available here with dummy kext in the bootpack.

Hello, can you edit the dsdt.aml for i7-3630qm cpu? I have same Dell model, Latitude E5430 with A12 bios, 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Intel HD 4000 1600x900.

About wifi, I have replaced original one with an original Apple wifi card, so it's working oob without any kext/patch.

edit: can I have all usb2 and usb3 ports working without dsdt.aml editing?

Thanks.

Ok but the problem is that if I use dsdt attached to the 1st post, my boot is extremely slow, over 5 minutes and doesn't reach desktop. Without it, boot is flash (I have a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB). Without dsdt, only one usb 2.0 port works (the one on the right). No usb 3.0 ports working. And during that so long boot, I read something that stucks on ATH...., witch I imagine belongs to atheros wifi. I have original apple wifi.

So I'm trying to understand what's wrong with the dsdt linked in 1st post. Only differences in configuration are cpu (I have 3630qm) and wifi (I have original apple pci, not half).

Any suggestion?