Sony VPCJ116FD / PCG-11211L with Yosemite on Chameleon

mrdr

• Administrators

Ok, now post a zipped copy of a saved output of IORegistryExplorer.

The wireless AR5B95 should work with the DSDT patch specified in the wireless inventory thread and the screen may work with injection of the nVidia parameters.

• Administrators

Ok, try the attached revised DSDT.

DSDT.aml.zip

Building on your IOReg info, I basically applied the following patches:

1. renamed device PXSX under RP01 @0x001C0000 to ARPT for compliance with Apple's own device naming
  2. injected DSM method described & detailed here into RP01.ARPT to declare compatibility of AR5B95 card with Atheros AR9380 chip

Let's look at the graphics card now...

• Like 1

• Administrators

IOReg output shows all the correct and expected info for the nVidia graphics. But I guess you still booted with nv_disable set since I'm not seeing any nVidia framebuffer loaded...

If your wireless works with the patched DSDT, can you try and share your screen, reboot your Tosh and then try to access it via Screen Share?

WiFi works with your DSDT file,

I can login from another Hack to view the screen, the resolution is not right, well, this time it recognized it as iMac.

also, screen shot for other device as well.

thanks,

post-92084-0-54283100-1486600072_thumb.jpg

post-92084-0-58360900-1486600085_thumb.jpg

post-92084-0-91745100-1486600097_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

That's a matter of point of view.

You can extract your EDID with various Windows-based tools. One of the most popular one to that effect is Entech's Monitor Asset Manager. Once you've obtained it, it's not difficult to inject it through a mod of your display override. Post a new IOReg output from system booted with nVidia graphics enabled to confirm the override already shown in the previous output (756e6b6e-717).