Sony VPCJ116FD / PCG-11211L with Yosemite on Chameleon

mrdr

1. just enable eject EDID, same result, black screen, remote login can see the desktop.

2. (done by cover configrator)enable Eject EDID, and past the above value in the box, save it. reopen the config file, the value has change. restart computer, same result, black screen, remote login can see the desktop.

when I edit the config.plist with xCode, it doesn't accept the EDID value.

Hervé, thanks for all the help,

I can't make the video works for me, 

the monitor might be internally connect through HDMI.

that is why it didn't work.

i m going to put it back windows and use it.

thanks all for the help.

• Administrators

@PippoX0, if you read the thread more carefully, you'd see that mrdr indicated several times that he can only get to desktop with nv_disable=1; so let's not (re)state the obvious here. But I'm sure your DSDT patching suggestions will be highly appreciated by mrdr.

[...]and past the above value in the box, save it. reopen the config file, the value has change. restart computer, same result, black screen, remote login can see the desktop.

when I edit the config.plist with xCode, it doesn't accept the EDID value.

I trust you did not just paste the EDID info "as is", i.e. with all the comma characters (","). It needs to be injected as a unique chain of contiguous bytes without anything else...

• Administrators

[...]

fboffset is related to NVDATesla framebuffer

Yes, I had gathered that much since it's the nVidia framebuffer associated with that card as clearly shown in DPCIManager. But what does this fboffset injection do? Or is it just something you picked up somewhere but you don't know what it actually means?

@ Hervé 

Hi, i have found this value in my IOreg (Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M)  under NGFX , sincerely on mrdr IOreg (i'm looking now ..) is not displayed.

So maybe it is unnecessary for mrdr.

The best way is to try .... 

Waiting for the response of mrdr

Cheers

PippoX0,

thanks for the patched file,

unfortunately, it didn't work.

I still need to use nv_disable=1 to get into the desktop,

also, wifi not working,

and video card memory changed to 256MB, it should be 512MB.

thanks,