[SOLVED] E6420: update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 blank screen

spidey123

Hi guys, I updated Clover to 4049 this morning and tried to upgrade my Dell e6420 to 10.12.4    The installation seems to have installed (at least the first phase)  Then it reboots and it begins loading again but the screen stays blank after the Apple logo loads.  The backlight is on as its a bright black but the screen never comes back on to finish stage two of the upgrade.   Does the config from 10.12.3 need to be updated too?  Or maybe FakeSMC.kext?  I'm stumped.   

Anyone else having the issue?  From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like that.

• Administrators

i do not think the clover dev's have sorted the second stage installer issue out as of yet with the new app store 10.12.4 installer. i know they added the new path to boot.efi in commits 4048/4049. but i guess if your still having issues then maybe there is more to fix. maybe you should report your finding over at the IM clover thread.

Ah ok. thanks.  Strange thing is that somehow yesterday with Clover 4035 it eventually booted once and finished installing but nothing worked except for google chrome (all apps were broken).  So I reverted back to 10.12.3 and then decided to try again with the newer clover and nothing.  I even tried to try to get it to boot with the same Clover as yesterday but nothing.  I can't get it to show the second stage install.  So strange.  Ok I think then tonight I'll just revert back to 10.12.3  again tonight.  

I'll look into that IM Clover thread too.  Thanks Bronxteck :)

Hi jake Lo, just wondering I have the 6420, but haven't been able to get to the second stage of the update process.  Last clover version I tried was 3051.   Do you think it might have something to do with the extra kexts I have installed inside of /Library/extensions/      I was just thinking about that this morning.   I was thinking of maybe deleting that folders entriely and then taking the update?  Any thoughts?  Thanks

I'm just finishing off a work project today, once I'm done I'm going to try the update through the download rather then the app store and get custom kexts out of library/extension just like you mentioned earlier.  I have 6 kexts in there, two for sound and are part of my anti-virus suite (hmmm maybe those are the ones causing the issues)  I'll post my results this weekend.  Thanks for the continued support Jake Lo and Bronxteck.