list of best laptop hackintoshes or which ones have everything working after support fromt this site?

Artisto

Not sure where to navigate to but I'm in the market to buy a new laptop preferably an ultrabook.  Where is the forum which details the best laptop hardware -maybe thats already been tested, which has all the right files, DSDT, Kexts etc.. that will enable all?  So I know what machine to get?

• Moderators

We don't have a section for that. In my opinion, the most compatible laptop I ever hackintosh so far is the E7450 (Broadwell). Only thing that needs to be replace is the wireless/bluetooth combo card with  DW1560 or DW1830 (~$20 - $30).

Full graphics acceleration

Internal audio / headphones

HDMI/ DP /Video / Audio

SD card reader

Webcam

Sleep/Wake

So far no real support for the trackpad, only has 2 fingers scrolling, left/right click/ tapping. No mulittouch which is fine with me since I prefer the track stick which works perfectly with the help of SmartScroll.app (shareware $14/ to register).

Next recommended model would be E7470/E7270 (Skylake). Same as E7450 but no support for SD Card reader yet.

Both these model has full supported bootpack and guides. 

If you want something older like Haswell HD4600/HD4400, you can go for an E7440/E7240 or E6440. All fully supported with guides and bootpacks,

• Like 1

Thanks,  what about the lenovo 910 or 920?  I see on you tube someone got it to work pretty well, but no mention on the sd card reader.  I like to do video editing so I need something portable that will facilitate this for me when I'm not home.

Any clarification on my last?   If not then I am seriously considering buying the dell laptop you provided above.  So there is a bootpack available?  ...instructions?  etc... everything to get it to work totally? To be a bit picky, I would rather get a laptop that doesn't have the click buttons and maybe works just as well.  I was wondering if maybe on a newer laptop loaded with linux then to run it with VMWARE if it would instead yield a better result and bypass all the hacking!

• Administrators

Here, you'll find an up-to-date list of the most compatible laptops that run macOS perfectly. As Jake answered in post #2, "we don't have a section" for your initial query. The closest thing we have to that is the list of compatible systems available off the EDP (Beta) menu at the top of your screen.

Answers to your latest questions about instructions, bootpacks and so on are already available in the forum Guides section. And those evolve day by day, week by week, month by month. You could use that section to make a list of Hackintosheable laptops and assess level of compatibility. Most of the guides clearly state what works and what does not.

I know... chores and homework...  -_-