Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

You're nearly exactly correct.  On the last BIOS version (n-1, I forget the number), the VoodooPS2controller.kext was problematic and would only boot in safe boot mode.  The reason removing it didn't seem to help was because my bonehead self didn't run myfix after taking it out of Extras/Extensions.  Take all three out, run myfix and it was up and running with n-1 BIOS (although without the keyboard and touchpad)  After updating the BIOS to A15, and putting all three Voodoo kexts back in place, it got a KP with one of the clearest errors I've ever seen.  With that error, it was a simple matter of removing the VoodooPS2keyboard.kext (but leaving controller, which is key to the keyboard and trackpad working) and re-running myfix.

I'm unsure what, if any, problems will arise by not having that keyboard kext.  But for now, it's a standard functional e6410 (everything works except SD card slot and sleep).

Thanks for clearing that up! The previous bios version was A14, for future reference :-) .

If you could test out deano's kexts if/when he gets a chance to post them, that would be great.

Thank you very much guys, for helping me test this out and solve the problems.

So here's my question...It looks like everything except iMessage & SD reader is working with the "-f" bootflag.  Battery monitor, scrolling trackpad, sleep, Ethernet and keyboard.  Other than annoyance, what's the downside of always booting with the "-f" bootflag?

EDIT--turns out sleep isn't working (surprise, surprise...) The computer monitor darkens, and awakens to a prompt for my password, but no actual sleep happens...the battery drains, the LCD stays on, etc.

Here is my FakeSMC and AppleACPIPlatform.

Still have not managed to get trackpad scrolling or iMessage working - trying to remember what I did last time to get it working

Also have noticed battery life has improved MAJORLY over my Mountain Lion install, and boot time is much much faster! :mrgreen: Winning!

deans.zip

• Like 1

You're nearly exactly correct.  On the last BIOS version (n-1, I forget the number), the VoodooPS2controller.kext was problematic and would only boot in safe boot mode.  The reason removing it didn't seem to help was because my bonehead self didn't run myfix after taking it out of Extras/Extensions.  Take all three out, run myfix and it was up and running with n-1 BIOS (although without the keyboard and touchpad)  After updating the BIOS to A15, and putting all three Voodoo kexts back in place, it got a KP with one of the clearest errors I've ever seen.  With that error, it was a simple matter of removing the VoodooPS2keyboard.kext (but leaving controller, which is key to the keyboard and trackpad working) and re-running myfix.

I'm unsure what, if any, problems will arise by not having that keyboard kext.  But for now, it's a standard functional e6410 (everything works except SD card slot and sleep).

I applied the same fix and got further into the boot process without KP.  Instead, my boot hangs at the following point:

10/28/13 9:56:56.000 PM kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Windows, version 3.1.
10/28/13 9:56:56.603 PM mds[59]: (Warning) Volume: vsd:0x7fea73814000 Open failed.  failureCount:0 (null)

I have a feeling this is due to the non-standard setup I'm using (OS X installed on a partition of an existing Win 7 drive).  The system still boots find with -f.  Since I'm dual booting anyways, entering -f at startup to start the Mac OS isn't really a big deal, but I wonder what that means for future functionality issues.
  • Like 1

I have now got iMessage working:

1. Ensure you have the latest chameleon (do this with the Chameleon Wizard) - check the revision at the top with the revision installed at the bottom (I am using r2266)

2. Click modules and tick 'FileNVRAM.dylib' and click update

3. Reboot so a NVRAM file can be generated

4. Get your PlatformUUID: In terminal type:

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

5. One you have your UUID, go to Extra and there should be a nvram.blah12345.plist file generated, open it with textedit

6. Replace:

<key>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14</key>

with the PlatformUUID you got before. (note: replace the 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14, keeping the <key> & </key>)

7. Done! Reboot!

• Like 1

In order to get Ethernet working, I had to download an updated 64-bit IntelE100 kext, copy it to E/E and then run myFix.

In order to log in to the App Store, I had to download Chameleon Wizard and use the smbios editor to generate a serial number for my machine and then reboot.  I am still working on the iMessage fix listed above.

I applied the same fix and got further into the boot process without KP.  Instead, my boot hangs at the following point:

10/28/13 9:56:56.000 PM kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Windows, version 3.1.
10/28/13 9:56:56.603 PM mds[59]: (Warning) Volume: vsd:0x7fea73814000 Open failed.  failureCount:0 (null)

I have a feeling this is due to the non-standard setup I'm using (OS X installed on a partition of an existing Win 7 drive).  The system still boots find with -f.  Since I'm dual booting anyways, entering -f at startup to start the Mac OS isn't really a big deal, but I wonder what that means for future functionality issues.

Try running a chkdisk /f (the /f to fix any errors found) on windows...I've had this error before and it was due to a windows partition with errors...

In order to get Ethernet working, I had to download an updated 64-bit IntelE100 kext, copy it to E/E and then run myFix.

If you check the guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3112-e6410-mavericks-guide/) under updates, Patel4Prez posted the e1000 kext you need to get the intel NIC running.

I need to pick up another wireless card, as mine has the not-supported Intel card.