Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

<p>

Hi patel4prez,

Thank u for your good work.

I have couple problems.

Fallow all things but my sound, wifi and first time boot loader didnt working.

All time i must use "-f" if i don't, after gives kernel panic.

After I use multi beast 6.0, bootloder is working now but wifi doesn't work. sound stable, volume working just one line, u cant take of or down.

I passed sleep problem, u can use multi beast 6.0 for this.

Best regards

• 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • NVS 3100M 512 MB
  • BIOS version A14
  • BCM94xxx wifi card

When you say you "passed sleep problem". Does that mean you have sleep working?

first of all, millions of thanks to patel4prez.

i followed every step in the guide, i came across the 104% and i saw the gray apple logo and the spinning logo.

then there is no any response at all.

i tried the verbose mode. got some messages as following:

post-10746-0-12597700-1383675922_thumb.jpg

what should i do?

many thanks!

• 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • NVS 3100M 512 MB
  • BIOS version A14
  •  broadcom 4322 wifi 

first of all, millions of thanks to patel4prez.

i followed every step in the guide, i came across the 104% and i saw the gray apple logo and the spinning logo.

then there is no any response at all.

i tried the verbose mode. got some messages as following:

attachicon.gif20131104_152434.jpg

what should i do?

many thanks!

• 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • NVS 3100M 512 MB
  • BIOS version A14
  •  broadcom 4322 wifi 

Take a look at deano's post here and try to install his kexts:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3115-mavericks-on-e6410-nvidia/?p=29103

Did you run the Post Installation app after installing? Did you change the name of the USB drive after myHack created the installer?

Hi Patel,

After this re install system. I used  other wifi kext and this still working.

Problem is Post install, i passed this problem with chameleon.

After the install and setup every adjustment, i tray the fix iMessages problem. for those Fallow "deano019" system but now i have a big trouble, my iCloud didn't working, i tray the connection but like i messages problem. Also my App Store like this :)

Thanks for everything.

I'm not sure if this represents progress on the sleep issue, but it's a new avenue for investigation.  I noticed today that if you press Fn+F1 that the system will go to sleep like it should (unlike trying to select "sleep" from within OS X, which only darkens the display but everything keeps running).  Unfortunately, pressing the power key to re-awaken the system must cause a kernel panic because the system won't come back to life and requires a hard restart.

I'm confused...  I have built following the guide, I installed the ethernet kext also listed in the guide.  I have Ethernet no problem.  I purchased a Dell broadcomm based wifi card and now have wi-fi no problem (the DW1510; I HIGHLY recommend it; it was recognized without needing any reconfig).

I have problems shutting it down, but I assume that is related to the sleep issues which I see is an ongoing problem.  However, I have to enter -f to get it to work properly.  I ended up adding it as a permanent kernel flag in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Is needing the "-f" a problem that I should work to rectify?  Some googling nets pages that say the -f is "sometimes needed on later releases no one really knows why don't worry about it", but I figured I would seek the consensus of the group here.

I'm confused...  I have built following the guide, I installed the ethernet kext also listed in the guide.  I have Ethernet no problem.  I purchased a Dell broadcomm based wifi card and now have wi-fi no problem (the DW1510; I HIGHLY recommend it; it was recognized without needing any reconfig).

I have problems shutting it down, but I assume that is related to the sleep issues which I see is an ongoing problem.  However, I have to enter -f to get it to work properly.  I ended up adding it as a permanent kernel flag in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Is needing the "-f" a problem that I should work to rectify?  Some googling nets pages that say the -f is "sometimes needed on later releases no one really knows why don't worry about it", but I figured I would seek the consensus of the group here.

The -f can be fixed by changing the "UseKernelCache" in org.chameleon.boot.plist to "No"...

I'm not sure if this represents progress on the sleep issue, but it's a new avenue for investigation.  I noticed today that if you press Fn+F1 that the system will go to sleep like it should (unlike trying to select "sleep" from within OS X, which only darkens the display but everything keeps running).  Unfortunately, pressing the power key to re-awaken the system must cause a kernel panic because the system won't come back to life and requires a hard restart.

Good to know...

I believe the Fn+F1 is a sleep command built into the BIOS, so instead of OSX managing the take down of all the components, the laptop's BIOS does...

That could be totally wrong. That's just my theory.

Hi Patel,

After this re install system. I used  other wifi kext and this still working.

Problem is Post install, i passed this problem with chameleon.

After the install and setup every adjustment, i tray the fix iMessages problem. for those Fallow "deano019" system but now i have a big trouble, my iCloud didn't working, i tray the connection but like i messages problem. Also my App Store like this :)

Thanks for everything.

Do you have a working network connection?