Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Hey guys just found the reason why it didn`t boot.

I had to disable VT for direct IO in bios.

But...

I knew, on my first Installation of OS X ever, I had to disable that to get it working properly. Then, I installed Virtualbox and XP as guest OS which needed that VT for direct IO function. So just for fun I enabled it, and kind of wondered why the system booted with that function enabled. Now, after the update to 10.9.2 it has to be disabled again.

Do you guys have an idea what allowed that function to be enabled, so I could do that again and use it for Virtualbox?

Hey guys just found the reason why it didn`t boot.

I had to disable VT for direct IO in bios.

But...

I knew, on my first Installation of OS X ever, I had to disable that to get it working properly. Then, I installed Virtualbox and XP as guest OS which needed that VT for direct IO function. So just for fun I enabled it, and kind of wondered why the system booted with that function enabled. Now, after the update to 10.9.2 it has to be disabled again.

Do you guys have an idea what allowed that function to be enabled, so I could do that again and use it for Virtualbox?

Did VT for direct IO need to be enabled for 10.9/10.9.1 (where os x is the host os/not in vmware)?

When you created your installer, did you use the myHack.app from within the Applications folder? This is an error I've seen when you open myHack after downloading it directly from the desktop.

Hey darvinko,

Do you mean that myHack should be run from the Applications folder of the boot drive instead of the installation drive? Or vice versa?

Did VT for direct IO need to be enabled for 10.9/10.9.1 (where os x is the host os/not in vmware)?

For installation of 10.9.0 and for normal booting it had to be disabled. Then I installed Virtualbox and my guest systems needed it to be enabled. Then I enabled it, just for fun, though I thought it won't boot then, but it did. After an update to 10.9.1 still booted. Since the update to 10.9.2 I have to disable that option again, to get Mavericks boot normally.

But it would be nice, if I could use that option again.

Ok after going through the guide I found my problem. It was the option in the BIOS uncheck "Enable VT for Direct I/O". I must have missed that the first few times. Once I unchecked that I was able to get the installer going with no problem. Thanks Patel and Darvinko for your help.