Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Ok after going through the guide I found my problem. It was the option in the BIOS uncheck "Enable VT for Direct I/O". I must have missed that the first few times. Once I unchecked that I was able to get the installer going with no problem. Thanks Patel and Darvinko for your help.

Hey npolite,

You didn't miss that! I just put that up this morning! After ako posted his solution, I added it to the guide for the future.

• Like 1

Thanks. One thing you might want to add to your wiki in the post installation is in step 6 where is says to run the post installation script. MyHack names the USB drive as myHack OS X 10.9 Install Disk. You have to rename the USB as myHack OS X Install Disk for it to work properly.

Also I have the Dell Wifi. Is there another driver to get that working?

Thanks for the heads up, npolite!

Also, if you mean the stock wifi card that came with the E6410, then no, there is not a driver that I currently know of to get that working. Your only option would be to swap it out for a Broadcom 4322/Dell Wireless 1510.

Thanks Patel. Yeah I had a look back in the thread and found that I need to get the 1510 instead. I ordered one off of Ebay for $7. Not too bad. I have an external USB one that will work for now until I get the internal one.

The 10.9.2 update was the easiest update I ever had to do. Like when I installed it I had to remove the AppleHDA.kext in system/library/extensions and run the full repair to get it working.

Thanks again for all of the work you put into the doc and to the community. There would be no way I would have been able to get this to work without everyone's help!

you can try the boot flag dart=0 for VT for Direct I/O

Yo Bronxteck!

Thanks for this hint... with this flag it boots with VT enabled, but what does the flag do? If it disables VT software side, it does not make sense to enable it in BIOS.

Ok... after using Google I found this:

dart=0 | 1

Enables or disables extended memory mapping [Default 0]

Is this good or not so good? And if it is 0 default, why does it not boot without the flag?

• Administrators

bios is setting it to 1 if it is enabled there. so to boot osx you want it to be 0 or disabled. it disables it from osx kernel with the flag.

you asked for a way to be able to keep it on so you did not have to mess with the bios option. well that is where this flag comes in.

Thanks for clearing that up! The previous bios version was A14, for future reference :-) .

If you could test out deano's kexts if/when he gets a chance to post them, that would be great.

Thank you very much guys, for helping me test this out and solve the problems.

I went my my boot drive /extra/extensions and took out voodooPS2keyboard and ran fix rebooted and no more KP, the KP was about voodoops2touchpad

• Like 1

I will try fix for iMessage, my problem is that it took about 5 minutes to sign in but then came back with wrong id/password

I was able to go to the app store to buy things.

Restart works, 

Parental control works

if anyone has anything that wan to try let me know.  I will post