Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

• Administrators

did it show some one else's info for login but only password is available to enter? if so delete any osx installers you downloaded from the internet that you did not download using your own id. osx spotlights the whole drive so it can not be on the machine at all not even in the trash or separate volume.

I am on a latitude e6410 NVidia 3100 m and Intel 82577LM Gb network card

Thanks to Patel's guide I was able to get everything to work except wifi and imessage.

The following works for me, I was able to sign in to app store but imessage keeps spinning.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3112-dell-latitude-e6410-mavericks-guide/

• Ethernet 

​Looks like I forgot this one! Drop this kext into /Extra and run a myFix on the drive using myHack

zip.gif  AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip   126.24KB   236 downloads

right, I confirm Patel's  "Boot to safe mode and try to remove voodooPS2Trackpad from /Extra/Extensions."

But like to add a reminder, after you take it out, I ran the myfix full.

I don't think it matters where you ran the myfix, I ran it once from the USB and once from the application folder,  But the watch where you are targeting on the myfix util.

Bronxteck,

I don't think it matter, as my maverick 10.9.2 was downloaded using my brother in law's app id but I don't see his name here on imessage, Apple id was empty so was password.

for those of you who needs to borrow someone else Mac to download OS and create installer. you don't need to worry about having to use someone else machine especially Maverick is free.  Also don't worry about using other's username and password, it prompt for sudo password for creating the package, I was worry that I will have to asked my brother in law for his password when I install Maverick on my e6410 that.  But it turns out that it was asking permission to install util on his machine.

I didn't have to ask for his password at all.  Just create the installer with his machine and prep the USB then came home and hackintosh away.  The only thing that I can see not working is the iMessage, it's even popping up every time I sign in.  I can't close it either. it x is gray out and command w won't work it either.

Ok guys, here are my symptoms

imessage took forever and told me that my username is incorrect...

icould, can't sign in

facetime can't sigin

check icon icon, about this mac,  and More Info... and I see that I don't have a serial #

yeah, without a serial number how the heck apple is going to know which machine am I calling from so...

I download  Chameleon Wizard and follow instruction and got all 3 working.

here is the link http://www.osx86.in/2009/05/icloud-and-facetime-fix-for-hackintosh.html

BTW, just found out that I lost my sound on 2 e6410 at the same time  and in S/L/E I don't have appleHDA.kext

any help on this?  any body experience this?

Ok, has anybody able to get the microphone working as in able to record voice.  I after removing the appleHDA.kext I was able to do quicktime and able to establish a facetime call but I can hear people but they can't hear me.

in apple icon, about this mac, system preference, more info, audio I have under device speaker (analog), microphone (black right), microphone (digital), line-out (black unknow)

intel high definition audio

anyone has success please help!

THX for the great Guide. 

My System is:

Core i7-640m 2,8Ghz

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M, 512MB

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

256GB Samsung SSD

Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth

Dell Wireless 5540 3G/HSDPA

Dell DW1510 

Appstore, iCloud, iMessage and Facetime no problem  8-)

only Battery Bar is not 100% (it hangs sometimes) and sleep Mode didn´t go.

Is there a fix for these problems ?

Hi patel4prez,

thanks for you answer, but one question stay open.

Is it possible to run both OS's (OSX & Win7) on one maschine without having to much hacks to get it work?

i'm tense to read you install guide and get my Latitude Air running :)

I am doubting this dual thing but then again I've seen people did it. What bugs me is that hackintosh wants Ahic drive but if I left Ahic and pop a hard drive with know working window7 OS it can only get to restore mode. I am going to do more testing will post back